The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
TheBlues9108 said:
It was at 5P this morning. Maybe it will get loaded on a rail car today or tomorrow.
Good, it might leave tomorrow then.

YEA!! How long do you think it will take it to get to Atlanta? I am hoping it will be here by next weekend. My grandsons will be here next week from VA and I would love for them to be here when it arrives.

Thanks for all your information – you are very knowledgeable with production and shipping of the Boss.

It will take at least a week to get to the DEALER. Don't start planning anything until you have a railcar number and you've confirmed it's on the way.

5 DOT 0 said:
It will take at least a week to get to the DEALER. Don't start planning anything until you have a railcar number and you've confirmed it's on the way.

I see your number is 1049; how long have you had yours? Do you know what numbers they are producing now?

This has been an incredibly long week end not knowing if my Boss was loaded on a train car Friday morning. It was at 5P Friday at 0657. The ETA is 1Aug and it seems like it light years away. The shorter the time the longer the wait!!

My Boss has been setting on ramp 5P for several days. FCS said they may be out of rail cars but she was not sure. She also said about it being delivered by truck D11 but she did not know if is going to be delivered by rail or convoy. Does anyone know if they are out of rail cars and what is truck D11?
The waiting is killing me.

Awesome! Mine stayed at the railyard by the dealer for only a couple of hours before they worried "something might happen to it" and sent it on to the dealer that night. You won't be disappointed!

TheBlues9108 said:
I can not wait to it to see my Boss setting in my garage.

Hope you get yours soon. You still have some waiting as it transfers from different rails and then to a truck to the dealer. In addition to the different rail yards mine had to transfer from CNA to BN rails. And as you may have heard the Aug 1 date is "the week of" not specifically that date, so they give themselves a little cushion. Yours is almost here and it IS worth the wait!!!

Oh yes, I know the waiting we have to play. Mine left Flat Rock today on CNR and will be transferred NS tonight or tomorrow. Then nonstop to Atlanta on NS – I hope! I should be driving by the first weekend in August. I bet yours look good; I love the CO/B.

I am not sure, FCS said they were short on rail cars but I have had a rail car number since last week and mine is still in Flat Rock and loaded on a rail car. They have been telling me it is going to ship “tomorrow” all week. Good luck with yours.

Yes, they have always been helpful to me. Mine still has not left Flat Rock; Norfolk Southern has had it on the rail car since Tuesday and it is not scheduled to leave until today – hopefully. FCS number is 1 800 392-3673 you can skip the prompts by pressing: #1, #5, #1, #2, and #2 that will get you to a live person. Do you have a rail car number?

Good Luck

TheBlues9108 said:
I am not sure, FCS said they were short on rail cars but I have had a rail car number since last week and mine is still in Flat Rock and loaded on a rail car. They have been telling me it is going to ship “tomorrow” all week. Good luck with yours.
Looks like mine is waiting along side yours but without rail assignment.... ramp 51. To bad it has sat all week instead of actually traveling towards you. SOON! I can't wait!

1TRKMND said:
TheBlues9108 said:
Looks like mine is waiting along side yours but without rail assignment.... ramp 51. To bad it has sat all week instead of actually traveling towards you. SOON! I can't wait!
well just saw mine left Flat Rock this morning and is now in Salem IL, Hope your's is there or at least on the way now.

my car just showed up unannounced at the dealership. The released from factory status never changed. I have to go to Kentucky to get it

TMO Supporting Vendors