The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Seeing the 2013 Boss Tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomorrow morning, I will get a chance to see the 2013 Boss 302 first hand and have access to a representative from Ford to ask any questions. I plan to ask a few questions regarding our 2012 model but also a few of the new one. If allowed, I will take as many pictures as possible.

If there are any questions you'd like me to ask, I will see what I can do. My biggest question I want to ask them is why did they change the nose of the car to look so much like a damn Shelby?

Please ask about the functionality of the hood vents and if there are any aero/downforce improvements with the 2013 body.

2013boss302 said:
Shaker Hood?

The Boss specific intake & the strut tower brace will eliminate a Shaker scoop option. Would bet there will be no rear window louver option either.
Would like to see a Shaker scoop myself.

aircare84 said:
2013boss302 said:
Shaker Hood?

The Boss specific intake & the strut tower brace will eliminate a Shaker scoop option. Would bet there will be no rear window louver option either.
Would like to see a Shaker scoop myself.
The order guide was published in early December and neither a shaker hood or rear window louvers are options. Same two options as 2012. Torsen/Recaro and mats/car cover.

Not sure where you will be seeing the 2013 but I plan upon being at the NAIAS (North American Internat'l Auto Show), ie the "Detroit Auto show" this week Friday the 20th.
I plan upon asking them about:
1) The "quarterly allocations" system.
2) Taking my dealer vehicle purchase documents (as recommended by another poster) with me and about when/if the vehicle to be scheduled.
3) Any thing else that may come up in this post from fellow posters.
Let us know..

TMO Supporting Vendors