The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Selling my 2012 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Hey guys,

I know it's been forever since I've posted but I guess that's life. I'm looking to sell/trade my Boss. Currently have an offer of $27,000 on trade and wondering if that's good enough to pull the trigger or if I should sell here (or bring a trailer). For those who haven't seen me around, I'm the original owner of #686, #252 in CO/B. Have both options, 34,xxx miles, and a few aftermarket parts (front rotors, pagid brake pads, blowfish tow hook, brake cooling kit, Raxiom headlights (not on car), Raxiom smoked taillights, Borla Ataks). Still have the Boss owners package as well.

Thanks!

Sean

981932_10103983674241701_1489329828_o.jpg

ufnavy06

Yeah, that makes this tough, getting the car just before the wedding, ditching the stick, the great sound. But we've already gone SUV to minivan (Pacifica Hybrid). I have a DD (GLI) that I'm throwing in as well to get a nicely equipped RS5 sportback.

Shame the dealer doesn't care about all the cool stuff that Ford did to make ownership of the car amazing.

Guess I'll hold to the owner's kit and maybe the Boss and I can cross paths again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The only tyme I've traded in at a dealer is when I've had a car on it's last breath and I'm not comfortable selling to an individual in this case. The dealer can make the trade in right before they sell it. (Or should) I've even been able to negotiate the price up since usually I'm looking at buying something from them. GLWS Sean.

ufnavy06

Would there be any interest in my Raxiom headlights and taillights? Dealer doesn't care about them and I figure someone might want them.

I think the taillights really make the car pop.

e7c270119910ecd6e5a2362b0f69fa3c.jpg

Hi Sean, sorry to see you sell your Boss but I’m sure you’ll have other cool cars at some point. The Boss market seems a bit soft at the moment so the $27k might be a good offer. GLWS

The only tyme I've traded in at a dealer is when I've had a car on it's last breath and I'm not comfortable selling to an individual i
In my "backwoods" dealers are the best way to get your transaction going! They handle everything...You walk away with a new car or a sold car or both...I just spent over 2 hrs trying to renew my drivers license at DMV a few weeks ago.....Dealers are you escape from that hassle...Maybe in Colorado things are different and more civilized...

ufnavy06

Rick, I had a blast when I was living next to LS. Perfect car, at the perfect time. Now I'll have a car that's faster, just as powerful, nicer, and can seat the entire family.

It won't sound nearly as good (V6s have made great strides recently) nor will I be rowing my own gears but my son called it (the RS5) a "race car." [emoji23][emoji23] So that's good enough for me.

I'll always be a Mustang guy at heart. And believe me, I'll be looking for another one soon enough. So if any of you is selling a GT350 or a Bullitt in a few years, shoot me a message.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well your wife is smiling so that is a good indication the trade was a good move at this point in your life. Like you I traded out of my Cobra years back , but now I am on my fourth Stang in 5 years --- no worries you will make it back.
Congrats on the new machine , not a bad compromise for a family man!!

drano38

Wayne
Traded your wife for a new car?
Oh, that's your new car, and your wife.
Yep, our stages of life cause us to adapt.
Looks nice.

TMO Supporting Vendors