The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Seperate clutch fluid reservoir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmm, guess I never added my pic either? Angle iron welded together + angle grinder + a few fasteners and you got a pretty slick setup.

I opted to point the res at the hole in the firewall so I wouldn’t need to put a 90 degree kink or use an adapter in line.

I also must say, the amount of crap that surfaced to the res from the clutch system is wild. It’s nasty in there…

E4C6D85B-1929-4AD6-9412-CEBE2474CE11.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
Hmm, guess I never added my pic either? Angle iron welded together + angle grinder + a few fasteners and you got a pretty slick setup.

I opted to point the res at the hole in the firewall so I wouldn’t need to put a 90 degree kink or use an adapter in line.

I also must say, the amount of crap that surfaced to the res from the clutch system is wild. It’s nasty in there…

View attachment 72690
Definitely an easy way to get the line done . I spent a lot of my time find the right plug and cap for Master reservoir . Installed the bracket on the dark so I didn’t run the line yet . Guess we will see how that goes haha in a few days !

On my Boss 302 I mounted the GTO reservoir on the back side of the strut tower by drilling two holes.
The brake fluid line is the perfect length so very easy and clean installation.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
On my Boss 302 I mounted the GTO reservoir on the back side of the strut tower by drilling two holes.
The brake fluid line is the perfect length so very easy and clean installation.
Mine too.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Well I guess what I’m getting at it for S197 cars you can buy the reservoir with the master cylinder. For S550 cars they come as one assembly(one part number). Just wondering if S550 owners replaced the brake MC also or took apart an auto assembly and reused only the reservoir. Hope that makes sense.

B5054E76-9BE7-47E6-BC9F-3DC5C7A211A7.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I made a bracket today using two existing cowl holes. I haven't got a reservoir yet as I wanted to make sure the location would work.

View attachment 75897

View attachment 75898
I just bought a separate reservoir today. I saw the holes in the firewall and thought about doing just this. I have a similar set up on my Boss for the catch can. Definitely stealing this idea. Well done.

TMO Supporting Vendors