The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

September 2022 Product Updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim,

Any idea on when you may have some 8mm wheel spacers available?
As of this morning, finally sealed a deal on a local to us, family run machine shop with a ton of equipment, including a 9 axis machine that can make the entire part in one setup before the robot arm delivers it to the chute. He is already ordering the 6" US Made 6061-T6 12 foot bars to begin production. We expect to have most of our popular sizes ready in the next 6 weeks raw and anodized around a couple of weeks later. We still use our regular Anodize Shop 10 minutes away but they have both worked with each other in the past so we will have better tolerance communication (Anodize changes tolerances slightly, not super critical on most car parts, the parts our spacers fit on to have larger tolerances than we run. We had a productive meeting and worked through some modifications I added to improve them and to make them more efficient to manufacture, and discussed several other products that we have had waiting to go for sometime that look like we found a partner to move those forward. 2022 Raw material costs are becoming painful but we hope to absorb the cost increases as long as we can.

Our spacer supply chain has been extremely stressful this past year. Now they will be 100% Florida Grown!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Tim,
Good to hear you have the supply chain issues worked out. Let me know as soon as you have some 8mm spacers available. I need just enough to fit my stock Brembo pack wheels over the 6 piston S550 calipers. I don't want my car sitting on good tires all winter.

Base model offsets are 32mm front/50mm rear.
Tony,

A 31mm spacer would place the wheel with the same inner clearance and it would stick out .500" further than OEM wheel. Now if you look at the clearance to the strut with the factory wheel and have a decent gap you can reduce the spacer size and push the wheel inward. I'm assuming the OE wheels are tucked in like they are on the GT350 so you may be able to use a 35mm spacer to widen the track (pushes the wheel out .700") and keep the tire under the fender as long as you are running a track alignment, 3+-ish degrees of camber.
Again this is based on assumptions.

If you have tight tire to strut clearance and plan on a larger 315 fitment the 35 will gain you 4.65mm at the strut (.180") which may be clearance needed to prevent strut rub on a 315 tire.

Tony,

A 31mm spacer would place the wheel with the same inner clearance and it would stick out .500" further than OEM wheel. Now if you look at the clearance to the strut with the factory wheel and have a decent gap you can reduce the spacer size and push the wheel inward. I'm assuming the OE wheels are tucked in like they are on the GT350 so you may be able to use a 35mm spacer to widen the track (pushes the wheel out .700") and keep the tire under the fender as long as you are running a track alignment, 3+-ish degrees of camber.
Again this is based on assumptions.

If you have tight tire to strut clearance and plan on a larger 315 fitment the 35 will gain you 4.65mm at the strut (.180") which may be clearance needed to prevent strut rub on a 315 tire.

i want to run apex 20x11.5 et56’s With goodyear 3r 325/30/20.

should i do the R studs Instead of the gt4?

TMO Supporting Vendors