The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Service Advanctrac

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracking Daytona this past weekend with Advancetrac in Sport mode, Conti slicks and Red Key and the (second) Advanctrac light on the dash lit up and the dash says 'Service Advancetrac'. Left the battery unplugged overnight and the code remained through Day 2 and Day 3.

I did a search and got a mixed bag of inconclusive results (code disappeared on it's own, dealer had to clear it in some cases, etc etc).

1. I'm assuming this is as simple as taking the car to the dealer and having them clear a code- Nothing is actually 'broke', the car just got really confused in Sport mode with slicks.

2. I'm also assuming that the permanent solution is to either turn Advancetrac off altogether, or buy the 302R/302S ABS module (which would also disable Advanctrac)

Anybody with similar experience? What did you do to fix it?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
FWIW - Just got my car back from my original dealer for this "Service AdvanceTrac" light that came and went randomly on my 2012. In all honesty, I could not tell there was anything wrong with the car itself as it handled normally but it did throw code but the dealer found no issues with the car itself. (By the way, I use the red key mostly but it did also occur with the silver key as well.) The lights would come on and go off without anything that would indicate a trend or a certain driving habits may have caused it. The best the dealer could tell was it was a glitch and after clearing the code, the lights went off. We'll have to see if this pops up again. I am running out on the warranty come December 21st but it is documented and the dealer promised to work with me should something occur after the warranty expires.

I also tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't work for me either. I'll run her a few weeks and report back if it pops back up again.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Berol said:
Tracking Daytona this past weekend with Advancetrac in Sport mode, Conti slicks and Red Key and the (second) Advanctrac light on the dash lit up and the dash says 'Service Advancetrac'. Left the battery unplugged overnight and the code remained through Day 2 and Day 3.

I did a search and got a mixed bag of inconclusive results (code disappeared on it's own, dealer had to clear it in some cases, etc etc).

1. I'm assuming this is as simple as taking the car to the dealer and having them clear a code- Nothing is actually 'broke', the car just got really confused in Sport mode with slicks.

2. I'm also assuming that the permanent solution is to either turn Advancetrac off altogether, or buy the 302R/302S ABS module (which would also disable Advanctrac)

Anybody with similar experience? What did you do to fix it?

Sadly I've had this happen multiple times. Advancetrac does not like sticky tires! Either "remember" to shut it completly off, get the 302S ABS module, or get an AED tune and have Shaun program it out. I went the tune route.

This happens to my car if I let it idle for more than 20-25 min. Turning the engine off and restarting corrects the problem. I've seen no ill effects from it so I never worried about it.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Well, the dang message has reappeared. Gotta get her back in. Yep, she goes away every tyme I shut the car off but sometymes comes back on after 10-20 minutes of driving. Funny how it does this but the dealer tells me it's not leaving a history of throw codes. Same as KBBOSS, not sensing anything wrong with the car but I find the lights and warning quite obnoxious.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
TymeSlayer said:
Well, the dang message has reappeared. Gotta get her back in. Yep, she goes away every tyme I shut the car off but sometymes comes back on after 10-20 minutes of driving. Funny how it does this but the dealer tells me it's not leaving a history of throw codes. Same as KBBOSS, not sensing anything wrong with the car but I find the lights and warning quite obnoxious.

TS:

I'm with you on this as it would bother me too, and no code history? Makes you wonder, what good is the dash light with no code history! That would be Frustrating.

Did you consider buying your own OBDII device?

Good luck with getting it sorted out.
Dave

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Have the OBDII on my Christmas wish list.

Not only am I having this AdvancTrac issue, now I have a rattle at idle or low speed from the driver's side Borla AB. If I put upward pressure on the can, the rattle goes away. Got to get under there and see how to fix it.

I'll have the car back at Ford this coming weekend, weather permitting. It's suppose to get very cold here this week in Denver.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel