The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Set up gt350R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all, Probably this is where most of my questions/answers should be.

:)

What is the tire wear rating on the cup 2's? (For classification rules). Never mind, it's 180 TW, illegal for many competitions. So what 200TW tire do you guys use? Please post only if you have actually tried them, less speculation is better.

With stock/original adjustments, what is the max neg. camber f/r you can get?

Rear toe adjustable?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Probably less than the suggested settings from Ford. Install CC plates and move on to the next item on your list. :)

No experience with 200 tires on the GT350 but what class are you going to run?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
The rear is adjustable and track settings are easily attainable with no mods.

The front is not adjustable as Rick points out. Mine was 1.2* stock. Use of the (non-splined) service strut bolts yielded 1.5*. My experience is that 2-2.1* works well, but requires either camber plates or hogging out the strut holes.

Thanks guys,

Most of my competition is SCCA Solo, I instruct for BMWCCA so get to run any car I bring with them, occasional PCA event. BMW and Porsche just put all cars not marque in X class - so run against everything not that marque.

As for SCCA classes would be either SS (Super Street - very few mods allowed - especially NOT aftermarket camber adjusters) or CAM-C / CAM-S (Classic American Muscle - almost wide open as to mods). 200tw required for both those.

:)

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel