The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shave 25 lbs of rotating mass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We have our 4" aluminum driveshaft on several Boss 302's that are REGULARLY at the track with speeds in excess of 140 MPH. No vibrations, no issues. Our driveshaft comes complete with a new pinion yoke which, in our opinion, is the right way to do it. Several competing shafts are 1) smaller diameter and; 2) use a ~1.5" adapter bolted to the OEM pinion flange which has the effect of shortening the driveline and increasing angles between the diff and tranny output.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SVT1 said:
I just installed and removed the Dynotech Aluminum DS from my Boss.

It had some harmonics, not bad, but at around 80+ MPH, I felt a vibration.

Since I had ordered it from Lethal Performance, I asked if they would accept it as a return and give me a credit toward future purchases. They said I would need to send it to Dynotech to have them check the balancing, and we would go from there. Sort of irritated me since I know it vibrated and all I wanted was a credit! Lethal assured me it WOULD NOT vibrate.

If anyone wants it, let me know. Personally, I think the reason it vibrated is that a single piece driveshaft on these cars is not ideal. I know Dynotech will say its "fine", which will cost me more money and time to ship it back and forth.

Its your's for $600 you pay shipping. That is if you feel lucky, lol.
I went with a DSS shaft cost less and I have no issues with it what so ever. My cousin has the dynotech shaft and he has the same problem with his. He hates it and dynotech says he needs to do an alignment procedure before they will think about accepting a return. He is trying to sell his as well so he can get a DSS.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel