The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shaving rear emblem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know how the faux gas cap on the back is attached? I would guess the vinyl has a big hole in it, but if there are no holes in the trunk then I could get Bob White to make me a new black out vinyl. Like this:

bossback.jpg

Hello
It just pop off . I use 2 plastic crow bar and pop it off, it was 100 deg. out side at the time and the car was new . There double sided stickly
tape and 2 push in lock plugs that hold it in place .The only way to get it off is to pull the darn thing off .

I'd like to remove mine as well but it's not an easy mod. I have a LS faux gas cap and it's constructed of three pieces. The silver plastic base, chrome Ford plate, then the emblem decal. I might paint the plastic base KB or wrap it in black vinyl to match the deck lid decal before I install it. I've seen a couple of guys with GT's remove the mounting wart and weld a flat plate in place and finished but IMO that's waaay too much work and $$$ to change the look. Another Boss owner with a black LS painted the base and chrome ring black to match his car.

Thanks for the info, though I am not happy about it lol

I know a few people with vinyl wrapped emblems on other cars, I think I might go that route for the chrome ring. Just need to get it off without damaging anything.

TMO Supporting Vendors