The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby Bash March 21 - Open Track at Spring Mountain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys and Gals-

The 2013 Shelby Bash is being held in fabulous Las Vegas and the open track will again be at Spring Mountain like last year. Spring Mountain is a track where the Boss really has a chance to shine! It's a great event with two days of open track plus nightly events and a Sat car show all wrapped up in a trip to Vegas! Nearly a dozen late model GT350's went to the Bash last year and several were open tracking. I think I counted about 8 Bosses last year. Get out of the cold this March and make your wifey very happy at the same time. Lots of guys trailer their cars in from all over the US. Or rent n' beat like several did last year!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/77510-shelby-vegas-bash-2013-dates/

We did the 3.4 mile track last year and I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/facility/race-track

Here is my thread about this spring's event.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/can't-sleep-leaving-in-less-than-six-hours-to-go-play-cars-1503/

DSC_0683.jpg

Looks like a fun event but I won't be able to make it. Maybe in 2014.

Very tempting and my anniversary is that week ::) 1456 miles each way. Just gas for the truck would be $1450 at $4/gallon. I wonder how much to ship the car. What can you rent, a Z06? I'd hate to put the hurt on all those Mustangs with that ;D

This is my home track. I didn't know they had a Shelby event and would go to this in March. They are expanding the track and are supposed to have it open by the end of this month. I have an event there next weekend with PCA and will see how it is turning out.

cloud9 said:
Very tempting and my anniversary is that week ::) 1456 miles each way. Just gas for the truck would be $1450 at $4/gallon. I wonder how much to ship the car. What can you rent, a Z06? I'd hate to put the hurt on all those Mustangs with that ;D

Haha I'd be leery of showing up at the Shelby event in a Chebbie!

Drew / Chris you guys should try and make it. Not sure what you can rent, but it is Vegas after all!

Fat Boss said:
cloud9 said:

Haha I'd be leery of showing up at the Shelby event in a Chebbie!

Drew / Chris you guys should try and make it. Not sure what you can rent, but it is Vegas after all!
I wasn't talking about bringing a bowtie. Actually the only time I've been to Spring Mountain, I was driving their Z06s ;) I just assumed that's what would be available for rent.

Ahhhhh yes I do remember you talking about those. Not sure if you can rent them there at the track. Several people rented Mustangs and tracked them last year though!

I think last year it sold out about six weeks in advance or so, but that was the 50th Anniversary Bash. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

BUMP !!
Rie6jJodIaSitqqFnhEzp1jQdQnoKYNkNtNZHodxF2PwRYoMn2.jpg

Was lurking around on YT and found a cool vid of what you'd be likely to come across at the track!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFNG7fE8eoU[/youtube]

Tickets are on sale! Just signed up. :D

http://www.shelbystore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=2013+vegas

No doubt it's not cheap. I rationalize it this way- it's my only real vacation until I can make MPH in a year or two, it's two days of track at an incredible country club like facility, the track is ideal for a Boss with a lot of turns, a great drive in to Vegas if you coordinate with the guys driving in from further than you, and you get to play cars with a huge group of great folks from around the world. Oh and you get to have dinner at the Shelby Headquarters, last year the keynote speaker was Henry Ford III. Cool guy.

This first vid has a track overlay in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRR6mg_6qk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S67B0E-iayw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVP50LrfZ4[/youtube]

ArizonaGT said:

its much more than just two days at the track...I laid it out below so you didn't need to link over...

999.99 Track For Two Tickets Two people One Car

Two full days of track time on Spring Mountain's road track. The Spring Mountain facility is located in Pahrump, NV. Lunch will be included for both days.

• Shelby Cruise From Carroll Shelby’s Gardena, CA office to Las Vegas, Nevada. (Put on by the Regional Team Shelby Groups)

• One Set of Decals for your car.

• Two tickets to the Thursday evening Shelby American / Guitar Center event at Town Square. Food is included.

• Two tickets to the Friday event. Food is included and a cash bar is available.

• Two tickets to the Shelby American Poker Run.

• Two tickets to the Shelby American Saturday night Banquet

• One exclusive Shelby Gift Bag.

• Two tickets to the Sunday Car Show.

Track For One 799.99
Two full days of track time on Spring Mountain's road track. The Spring Mountain facility is located in Pahrump, NV. Lunch will be included for both days.

• Shelby Cruise From Carroll Shelby’s Gardena, CA office to Las Vegas, Nevada. (Put on by the Regional Team Shelby Groups)

• One ticket to the Thursday evening Shelby American / Guitar Center event at Town Square. Food is included.

• One ticket to the Friday event. Food is included and a cash bar is available.

• One ticket to the Shelby American Poker Run.

• One ticket to the Shelby American Saturday night Banquet

• One ticket to the Sunday Car Show.

Non Track For Two 749.99

Shelby Cruise From Carroll Shelby’s Gardena, CA office to Las Vegas, Nevada. (Put on by the Regional Team Shelby Groups)

• Two tickets to the Thursday evening Shelby American / Guitar Center event at Town Square. Food is included.

• Two tickets to the Friday event. Food is included and a cash bar is available.

• Two tickets to the Shelby American Poker Run.

• Two tickets to the Shelby American Saturday night Banquet

• Two tickets to the Sunday Car Show.

Non Track For One 599.99

This package includes:

• One ticket to the Thursday evening Shelby American / Guitar Center event at Town Square. Food is included.

• One ticket to the Friday event. Food is included and a cash bar is available.

• One ticket to the Shelby American Poker Run.

• One ticket to the Shelby American Saturday night Banquet

• One ticket to the Sunday Car Show.

NFSBOSS said:
That looks like fun. I may have to join you guys for 2014. For 2013 I'll be drinking my favorite Mexican beer from Waikiki Beach. ;D

I stayed at the Royal Hawaiian in '97 when a few friends and I went there for the Pro Bowl. Crazy good time getting the Jeep stuck in the sand, almost drowning body surfing the North Shore, free tix to the game, passing out on the plane, etc.

We'll see you in Vegas next year.

TMO Supporting Vendors