The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby Gauge Pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone installed the Shelby Gauge Pod without cutting into the dash? I really like the look of it but don't want to hack into the dash. I know, maybe a silly question....

KIT-G-2.jpg

Looks really nice. Wanting to keep the Oem look and not super necessary keeps me from adding them or the fr guages

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I really would like a real oil pressure gauge though. That plus the dash gauges reset to the default screen after you shut the car down makes the dash gauges a pain in the A$$.

John

jneary said:
I really would like a real oil pressure gauge though. That plus the dash gauges reset to the default screen after you shut the car down makes the dash gauges a pain in the A$$.

John

My thoughts also and that's why I installed a dual gauge pillar pod from speed of sound. Put a pair of AutoMeter Elite gauges in them (oil pressure and oil temperature) and wired their LED dimmer so that I complete control over the gauge lighting. The sensors are installed in an oil filter sandwich plate and all wiring is fed through the firewall where the sound tube was once attached. I'm very happy with the setup.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
and if your not dead set on ford racing logo gauges. here are some resonably priced gauges and they sell an oil plate sandwich I have one to install in my car.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/

jneary said:
Has anyone installed the Shelby Gauge Pod without cutting into the dash? I really like the look of it but don't want to hack into the dash. I know, maybe a silly question....

KIT-G-2.jpg

I have that gauge pod on my '08 GT500 and did not have to cut the dash.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
OK, I went with the two pod A pillar gauge setup from American Muscle. I will let you know when it shows up if it is going to look OK or if I bail on it and go with the Shelby Dash Pod. I really do like the look of it but it says that it comes with double sticky tape ad that sounds a little kludgy to me.

John

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you do end up looking at the Shelby pod again, make sure they make a version that fits our cars--the dash contour on the 05-09 car shown in the picture is different from the 11+ Mustangs.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
That is what I figured after I looked at it but yeah, that is the determining factor. You'd think that it would be easy to make these things clip into place around the edges of the dash but the three pod version is so large that it has to be secured in place with screws and a bracket.

John

TMO Supporting Vendors