The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby GT350 Build..."HAN SOLO"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuckersmg said:
Just twist the knife a bit more why don't you! Any pics? I am hoping you are talking about a white one. I see your red stripe delete everytime I log on )
George, the owner of MGW shifters, has an all white one.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
302BOB said:
Gotta love that Competition Orange GT350! First one I've seen or heard of since they started being made,not that I was partial to any particular color..... :p

I was never all that excited about competition orange and did not really understand the hype. After seeing my brothers car in person I am starting to change my mind

tuckersmg said:
I ordered a white, no stripe car with black roof. It is nice to see a white one without the stripes. Haven't seen many without the stripes of any color.

Come to think of it I haven't seen any other all white ones either. And I don't think I have seen any black roof cars in person. Rick has the only other stripe less car I know of as he so kindly mentioned

Calipers came in and I got a chance to look them over. They are HUGE. I found a few more scratches and Knicks than I would like so I spent a little time touching them up. It is raining so I enjoyed a quiet night inside after the fam went to sleep

image_15.jpg

Wanted to install these myself but won't have time before Knotts. Taking it to my buddies shop to get it handled. If I can get off work early enough during the week I will pop in and help do the install.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Got the car up on the rack for the caliper install. If you ever have the chance to get up under your car, or someone elses GT350, spend some time looking over the underbody. Ford did some good engineering with this car. I could stand under it for an hour and admire the thought the went into it.

image_17.jpg

Also got my coil covers back from my good buddies paint shop. had them done in DIB to match the stripes. My problem now is figuring out how to apply color to the recessed "powered by ford" and borders. Anyone have a creative solution?

image_16.jpg

these pics were with my ipotato so forgive the quality

50Deep said:
Also got my coil covers back from my good buddies paint shop. had them done in DIB to match the stripes. My problem now is figuring out how to apply color to the recessed "powered by ford" and borders. Anyone have a creative solution?

image_16.jpg

I'd look into vinyl. While I haven't looked into personally, I'd be willing to bet a company already offers kits in any color you want. It's the same basic coil cover that's been around since the summer of 2010, and adding color to them seems to be pretty popular.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Thanks Rick for making me spend $100... sheesh

I though I could inject paint into the lettering and border with a syringe, but it would be no turning back once I started. I guess this would be the safest route to get the guaranteed effect I want without risking damage to the paint I already have laid down.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
50Deep said:
Thanks Rick for making me spend $100... sheesh

That's funny, as I thought the same thing, (Sheesh), when I saw the $100 price tag.

Pricey, but it does get the job done.

302 Hi Pro

superhero said:
All I can say is NFW.
That's taking advantage.
Buy a set and have them copied by your local sign shop and return them.

Im guessing these are pricey since they are officially licensed by ford (i.e. They paid a pretty licensing fee to ford to cut to the exact dimensions)

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Progress is taking much longer than it should. Hard to get things done with work and a newborn. Gotta get these bled tonight since we are cruising to Fabulous Fords Forever this Friday morning.

image_18.jpg

image_19.jpg

Old brakes... Sell them or coat them Deep Impact Blue?

image_20.png

Hopefully soon i will be able to join you guys on the track and post some pics/vids of me actually driving the car

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
TMSBOSS said:
I like the idea of having the calipers coated in Blue. :eek:. Still jet lagged

I saw a set of calipers in person at FFF this weekend that were done in blue...I was not very impressed since it was flat and did not really stand out. I think I will be happy where i am at and not worry about doing the swap again. These will be up for sale shortly.
straightliner1 said:
Or you can donate them to me? I want to laser cut some brackets and get Brembos on the Exploder. Shall I send my address in a PM?
Haha. that would be one bad ass brake setup on the explorer.

I added a little touch of Carbon Fiber to the steering wheel. I think it added a nice touch.

DSC_0299.jpg

Fabulous Fords Forever was a great show and a great weekend. 3 days of cars, alcohol, and sleeping. Got to the show a little late after recovering from the night before. After the show we took a few more pictures.

DSC_0289.jpgDSC_0284.jpgDSC_0287.jpgDSC_0274.jpgDSC_0278.jpgDSC_0285.jpgDSC_0280.jpg
DSC_0276.jpgDSC_0281.jpgDSC_0283.jpgDSC_0273.jpgDSC_0272.jpg

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Finally got the coil covers done. Ordered the inserts from Emblempros and they were super cool to deal with. Great product too. Had the colonial covers painted local by a friend at Daves Autosport. All in all I am into these about $150 and I got the exact look I wanted.

image_44.jpg
image_45.jpg
image_46.jpg

And a little swag I got from VoodooBOSS at Track Mustangs Online

image_47.jpg

At this point the car is done except for the wheels. Then adding the Upcoming performance/cooling upgrades Ford Performance is working on. I am still waiting to hear back about an R I have a lead on. If that doesn't pan out then I will be looking forward to years of fun to come with Han Solo.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi 50Deep:

Your coil covers look great! Look forward to seeing a pic of them installed on your 5.2L. That was $150 well spent!

All the best,
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors