The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby GT350 "Build & Price" Now available on Ford.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Imagine my surprise when I went to Ford.com selected Mustang model, and the Shelby GT350 and GT350R models were available to build and price plus it includes all of the options and standard specs.

My only disappointment, Silver stripe color package not available.

Amazing value for the money.

I see a 2017 GT350 Track Pack in my future.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Re: Shelby GT350 "Build Your Own" now available on Ford.com

My son spent a couple of hours on the site this morning reconfiguring our car with various options.

My 350 TP is approximately $13K more than my Boss and that seems like a bargain for all the improvements and increased performance.

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/?gnav=header-cars#/chooseyourpath/

VooDooBOSS said:
My son spent a couple of hours on the site this morning reconfiguring our car with various options.

My 350 TP is approximately $13K more than my Boss and that seems like a bargain for all the improvements and increased performance.

350 w/ track pack is the value sweet spot of the 350 lineup, in my opinion. also agree that a $13k bump over the boss seems like a ridiculously-good deal...and I thought the boss was / is a great deal to begin with.

VooDooBOSS said:

Five.Ohyeah.NFSWait.VooDoo !!! Love it. Never complacent. :)

Good to hear the trunk monkey is wearing additional hats like config monkey. :D

Agreed, great value on the 350 TP. 8)

302 Hi Pro said:
Imagine my surprise when I went to Ford.com selected Mustang model, and the Shelby GT350 and GT350R models were available to build and price plus it includes all of the options and standard specs.

My only disappointment, Silver stripe color package not available.

Amazing value for the money.

I see a 2017 GT350 Track Pack in my future.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Dave, would you trade the Boss or add the Shelby?

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Well, I did what I thought I wouldn't do, built and priced a Black with Black stripe GT350R with the radio delete option and it came in at $62,670.

Here is my question, should I include the Electronics Package for $3,000 to get a radio that I rarely use?

My thoughts are twofold 1. Without this package would it kill future value by not having all available options included? Or, 2. Would a radio delete option car enhance the future value?

I suspect that most Dealer ordered GT350R's will include this option, making a radio delete car more rare, as an "All Performance Car"?

What are your thoughts?

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Note: Below is a cut and paste of the R's features from the LP, note the Carbon Ceramic Front Brakes. (Mis-spelled on the LP, but didn't someone here say this feature was off the table for production R's? Can someone clear this?

The 920A Equipment Group includes these features, plus standard features.

MagneRide™
Heavy-duty front springs
Engine oil, transmission, and differential coolers
Selectable Drive Modes
Lightweight metal tower-to-tower brace
19” Carbon Fiber wheels
Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 tires
Wheel locking kit
Carbon ceramic front breaks. (Note: Brakes)
Unique chassis tuning
Chin splitter
Aluminum rear bumper beam

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Jabooh1 said:
Dave, would you trade the Boss or add the Shelby?

I would never go down the "Trade In" road. But I am wrestling with this very question now. Keep the 2012 Boss and add the Shelby, or private sale for the Boss? It's a tough call.

Before I get a head of myself, a few things would have to align before I would have to make that decision. 1. My Dealer will have to get an Allocation for an R model (520A), and, 2. My Dealers willingness to sell the R at MSRP. (I asked for a $1,500 discount on the Boss, but only received $1,000 under MSRP.)

I'm in Pittsburgh this week for Dealer Meetings and will see Chip on Saturday morning for coffee and we'll discuss it then. I don't recall seeing side stickers or ADM's for his showroom Shelby GT500's, but that was a while ago and as we all know, things can change and I have no idea of the total number for 2016 R production. So we will see this weekend.

Good Luck with yours if your are in the GT350 order mode.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

Dave:

Don't forget the electronics package for the R includes other things besides the radio (e.g. air conditioning):

The Electronics Package is optional on the Shelby® GT350R and includes:

• 7 Speaker Audio System
• AM/FM Stereo/Single-CD Player
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 6-month prepaid subscription
• SYNC® 3
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Rear View Camera
• Turn Signal Mirrors
• Universal Garage Door Opener
• Voice-Activated Navigation System
• Auxiliary Gauges
• Floor Mats
• Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit

i keep trying to talk myself out of it...but i completely agree that the standard 350 w/ track pack is the sweet spot.

I expect as things cool off going into 17 you will be able to get one right around 50-52k.

Lets hope these bosses continue to hold some decent value over the next few years...

Thanks for posting, im about to lose an hour of my life or so...HA!

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Psg8064 said:
Dave:

Don't forget the electronics package for the R includes other things besides the radio (e.g. air conditioning):

The Electronics Package is optional on the Shelby® GT350R and includes:

• 7 Speaker Audio System
• AM/FM Stereo/Single-CD Player
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 6-month prepaid subscription
• SYNC® 3
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Rear View Camera
• Turn Signal Mirrors
• Universal Garage Door Opener
• Voice-Activated Navigation System
• Auxiliary Gauges
• Floor Mats
• Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit

Honestly, never even thought about the A/C delete! See what a little GT350R excitement can do to a guy? You know what this means, Now the Wifie will answer my question! Get the radio Davis!

Thanks so much,
Dave
302 HI

The configurator has been updated with the proper track pack rear spoiler. I was playing around with the color combos and the avalanche gray looks darker with the white stripes and the yellow also looks good with white stripes. Not sure if I've seen a photo of this combo before.

y1vehicle_zpsojkyhyee.png
y2vehicle_zpshhsctzmt.png

Avalanche Gray with white stripes
ag2vehicle_zps0ccrpwbo.png
ag1vehicle_zpsdobdgs92.png

What mine will look like although the red is wrong
gt350%2003vehicle_zpsyoembgh9.png
gt350%2004vehicle_zpsbkswfoh8.png

TMO Supporting Vendors