The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby GT500 Does Daytona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's cool. Has he run there before and do you have to turn much in the banked corners? Does he have a roll bar?

Thats real cool. But at those speeds I dont think even a roll bar would save him. Sure looked like fun. Any idea what was his top speed?? I'm guessing around 140ish

jas427

BOSS LS #469
This is my friends 2014 Shelby GT500. Bone stock except for 5 point belts. our average speed was about 166mph. I was invited to drive my Boss on the oval on our lunch break. So I asked my friend Robert if he wanted to ride along, he said that would be great. I told him that I know what would be better then Great he asked what, I said me driving you around in your Shelby. Ford truly built a 200mph car. Only used 5th gaer not my car and never put it on the floor. I'm sure it will average 185 to 190 if I let it go with no traffic. I also added a video without the music check in the comments under the video on Youtube

TMO Supporting Vendors