The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby Meet at Hallett

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Last weekend was the 39th annual Mid-America Ford and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, OK. I was out on track at Hallett on Friday and wanted to share some video from the day. Unfortunately my camera was mounted a little low so you see more sky than track. I know there were a few other members from here out there that day (2bosses, reakhavok, crazyhorse, and vista) but I only got a chance to talk with reakhavok at the drags. Hopefully everyone else had a great time. Other than the scorching heat I thought it was a great day! I went 4 off once coming out of turn 2 but no damage done. I ran a new best time of 1:28.2 CCW in the third session with a passenger and ended the day with trashed front brake pads, corded hoosiers, and melted front valve stem covers. That's what I call a success :)

Session 3 group 2A- ended this session a little early due to almost running out of fuel
[youtube]http://youtu.be/gxVlzoVufVc[/youtube]

Session 4 all of group 2- ended this early as well after saving a spin coming out of 7. Tires were greasy, brakes were soft, and my clutch was heavy and stiff. It was time to go home.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/DRVCNeDlS9Y[/youtube]

Ok, the camera angle kinda kills it for me, I keep sitting up and trying to look over the dash. Good lap time.

Are you going to be there this weekend 21-23? I'm coming up on Friday.

Tulsa, OK
Lol yes the camera angle is shitty... First time trying out a new mount and I failed.

I'm hoping to make it out for some spectating.

TMO Supporting Vendors