The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

She's smoking from the right bank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What else? Stop by a Ford dealer and check out a new GT350. ;)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Done. A White with blue GT-350 with convenience package is at our local dealer, can have for list. Only problem, the CFO, see reference above, says one has to go. My first instinct........I'll miss the wife. Then I realized she was referring to the Boss. Again...I'll miss the wife.
Am I over reacting??

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Ok, I got home and have the Boss on the lift. Bad news, I Do Not have to rebuild the engine. I do need to replace the trans breather system.
I have No idea why we saw smoke coming from right side pipe. Kind of glad but really wanted to dive into the Roadrunner. Maybe next year.
I have been searching through DIY threads for either a breather can or trans cooler install. Not going to stay with stock.
Reading through Steve's install for ideas. Instead of using brass fittings in the drain hole, they stick down a bit, I have found 16 x 1.5m AN-6 banjo fittings which will attach to the drain and filler hole. Are AN-6 lines too small?
Pump location? Still have stock battery.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For the breather you can run a line off of the stock "nipple" on top of the trans and feed it up to a breather can in the engine bay.
Glad to hear it wasn't the engine, despite your enthusiasm. You just avoided $$$$$$ expense.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I would avoid that, I am not sure of the probability of this scenario but if you were to overheat/overflow the trans fluid up the breather line it may flow back into the engine via the engine breather lines. I would assume that is "not preferred".

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel