The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shift knob changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

I would like to see what, if any, other shift knobs you folks have gone to in your Boss. I had a very cool Nismo Titanium knob on my G37s, and I am finding that I really miss the shape and feel of it. I am thinking of getting one of these shown below, and having a bit of custom engraving done on the top center.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49912

Anyway, I would like to see what else everyone has...

Take care,

JJ

That's pretty nice. Not sure if I want aluminum or anything that will transmit heat at the track though. I nice CF barrel shape was something I was looking for before I bought my FR ball.

IMG_42391.jpg

Here's mine.

IMG_2090_zps64da9434.jpg
IMG_2091_zpscc88c00f.jpg

Plinker,
I have a Competition Orange Boss 302 shift knob brand new, never installed that I would sell you. $40 plus shipping. I paid over $70 and we never used it. I can post some pics of it at home later if you are interesed. Same exact one in your photo, bought from Speed Dawg. When I originally ordered it, you could pick the color from a drop down box and pattern color. This one is Competition Orange and in real life looks darker than pictured. It is true Competition Orange.

Here is the one we have but never used.
COBossBall_zpsf926355d.jpg

The competition orange is darker than the orange we were looking for. Ordered the "Grabber Orange" ball with boss stripes and boss logo: It came and it looks like SBY! He has that one on the car, but only waiting because, we ordered YET another :) Next Friday the Dark Shadow Gray ball with black Boss logo and stripes gets here :) At that time, I will have the Grabber Orange/SBY ball if anyone wants it that is pictured below.

GOBossBall_zps6493f9f3.jpg

This is my favorite Knob that he no longer uses though.....
FNFast_zps6e224ebd.jpg

jneary said:
This will be how I go when I change the shifter up but not with the red button or the mirror tassel...

65002-hurst-thandle-shiftknob-button-7904.jpg
I went that route also. I installed the hurst shifter and the Tee handle then the pistol grip and then the ball. I ended using the ball because it just felt the best when shifting the MT-82 POS.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
NFSBOSS said:
That's pretty nice. Not sure if I want aluminum or anything that will transmit heat at the track though. I nice CF barrel shape was something I was looking for before I bought my FR ball.

IMG_42391.jpg

Here's mine.

IMG_2090_zps64da9434.jpg
IMG_2091_zpscc88c00f.jpg

Mine as well, love it. Works great and have had many comments from others on how nice it is. Have the Ford racing shifter as well (Barton) the ball came with it.

On the Speeddawg ball, which boot retainer did you use, the wide opening or narrow? Any information you could provide would be greatly apprecated.

azazell64 said:
On the Speeddawg ball, which boot retainer did you use, the wide opening or narrow? Any information you could provide would be greatly apprecated.

I need to know that too. just wish they had a plain red with boss 302 logo. seems they only have the striped one in red.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Narrow retainer and you can get plain red with boss logo order directly from the source http://www.epcoshiftknobs.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors