The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shifter Vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a slight vibration/buzzing in my shifter when accelerating in 3rd and 5th gears (maybe first also but I'm very seldom in that gear for long). It's noticeable with the radio off but not with it on, so not very loud. When I push forward on the shifter the sound pretty much goes away. Is this common?

GottaBoss said:
I have a slight vibration/buzzing in my shifter when accelerating in 3rd and 5th gears (maybe first also but I'm very seldom in that gear for long). It's noticeable with the radio off but not with it on, so not very loud. When I push forward on the shifter the sound pretty much goes away. Is this common?

Hmm. 46 views and no replies. I'm thinking the answer may be "no."

I get a little vibration with mine once in a while but I have the MGW. I didn't have any vibrations from the stock shifter.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
do you have a stock shifter? stock fluid?

with mine stock I never noticed any buzzing sounds not matter the gear. still dont with a MGW shifter and REDLINE MTL fluid.

if you are all stock take it to the dealer and have them ride along with you and show them the sounds. might me something as simple as a loose fitting somewhere

Justin said:
do you have a stock shifter? stock fluid?

with mine stock I never noticed any buzzing sounds not matter the gear. still dont with a MGW shifter and REDLINE MTL fluid.

if you are all stock take it to the dealer and have them ride along with you and show them the sounds. might me something as simple as a loose fitting somewhere

Thanks Justin. Yes, everything is stock with about 4500 miles on the car. I've noticed this since day 1. I'll definitely be taking it to the dealer given the feedback I've received here.

TMO Supporting Vendors