The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shifting problems at Pitt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Hey guys. I have 11’ gt500 with stock clutch with 31,000 miles. Started not able to downshift to 3rd then couldn’t up to 4th when she got hot on track.Clutch pedal travel felt very different and strarted grabbing of floor. Had some brake fluid underneath. What choices on upgrades are recommended?
Not full on track car, ocassional cruze on Sundays Thanks

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Stock clutch causing shifting issues is common, causing exactly the symptoms you describe. Aftermarket clutches are the cure, I have an Exedy Hyper Single which solved all those issues but with the GT500 you might need more than that. I'm sure other guys will chime in on recommendations for that car.

TMO Supporting Vendors