The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ShiftLife Logo Poll

Which Logo do you like better for the LifeStyle Brand Called "ShiftLife"

• Logo #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logo #2

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Logo #3

• Logo #4

• Logo #5

• Logo #6

• Logo #7

• Logo #8

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Logo #9

• Logo #10

• Logo #11

• Logo #12

• Logo #13

• Logo #14

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I like the Gear Indicators on the Inside of the Letters

• I like the Gear Indicators on the Outside of the Letters

• I Don't Like Any Of Those...

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everyone -
I need your help... I am designing a new LifeStyle Brand, (which hopefully all of you will enjoy once I get it up and going), But after about a week of doing Logo Versions I ended up with roughly 69 different variations... So after asking a few of my Car friends here locally and artist friends I have narrowed it down to 14 Versions...

Now I am asking you to help me narrow it down even further...

They may all look the same, but look closer, some have short letters for certain words and some have long, some are slanted and some are straight...

The Brand Name is "ShiftLife". The Logo should be easy to ready and easily identifiable as it will be placed on Decals, T-Shirts, and other merchandise.

Larger Logos will have Gear Indicators, and Smaller Logos will only have the Shift-Gate Letters.

Please vote for the Logos you think is best, as well as if you prefer the gear indicators on the inside or outside of the letters. (You have 4 Votes to use as you please)

FINALSELECTION.jpg

FINALSELECTIONNODOTS.jpg

Definitely not the ones with all the gear indicators. Not a fan of any of them simply because the motif has makes the name very difficult to read. What about just doing "SHIFT LIFE" whith just the H having the gear indicators?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Agree with Kyle...

Or on patterns #0 and #8 make the HIF pattern portion more 'regular' with the connecting portions of the gates. Maybe offset with shading or different colors. Ditch the reverse R?

I tend to agree with the other change suggestions...interested in another? Maybe shorten the "I" in both words so you can tell it's a different letter? I know, everyone's a critic... ::)

Are you old enough to remember there were 4-speeds? ;) Get rid of the 5/6 on the I. I agree something needs to be done to break up the I, especially in "shift". How about a gap between the bottom of the Is and the horizontal lines at the bottom. Why even connect everything? FWIW, I prefer the italics.

None of the above. Separate some of the letters. If you didn't tell us it was Shift Life, I would have trouble trying to figure out what you were trying to spell.

Ok, not trying to be an smartass, but can you read these?

Foose.jpg

SaltLife.jpg

shelby_type3.jpg

SHIFT.jpg

ShiftLifeBars.jpg

Shirt1.jpg

Shirt2.jpg

It looks different on a "Object" like a shirt, can you clearly see what it says on the shirts?...

The Famous FOOSE Logo is technically very similar to the way I have ShiftLife in most of these designs...

Again not trying to be an ass, and I am taking all suggestions into account, while trying to stay true to my original thoughts as well...

With all the Car Brands and Car Names we know of that have letters running together (though mostly in a Cursive Style Script Font), like the old Fairlane, Camaro, BelAir, Thunderbird, Corvette, Challenger, Mustang, Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc... I figured running the letters together like in #14, or separated slightly like in #7 would be easy to read and decipher...

As this is marketed to "Car Enthusiasts" I don't expect non-car people to really be able to read it right off the bat... Just like they probably couldn't read Foose's Logo right away...

Its not an easy task designing a logo, especially for a "brand" and when I am my own worst critic, that is why I posted to see what you all think as well...

Some others have said, #7 is easier to read because of the slight separation not only to the words, but vertically as well, some have said #14 is the best one and so on so forth, each of the ones that are numbered were chosen not by myself, but by a group of "Car Enthusiasts" such as all of you... As that is what this "brand" is for... Car Enthusiasts...

The "SHIFT" in the 2nd shirt looks good to me, but the "LIFE" is what I'm having touble with. The LI is tough to make out...looks more like a U and the lower hash on the F seems a bit too long. If you can re-work the LI and shorten the hash in the F it would be much more legible. I'm not a fan of the numbers outside the letters...too busy. I'd also go with a 5 speed or 4 speed (plus reverse for the gear pattern). IMO

Trying to be constructive and not critical. I hope my feedback is helpful.

Everyones feedback is helpful, as I said, I am taking it all into account, while still trying to stay true to my original idea...

I agree, the Gear Indicators make the logos to "Busy", and they won't work on smaller logos, decals, merchandise... but they don't look bad on larger stuff and in larger sizes...

There is also nothing saying I can't just use "SHIFT" even though the name is ShiftLife. So that is also a possibility, but if I can use both words I will... Kinda like saying a BOSS 302 is "BOSS" or "302" instead of BOSS 302... Or others calling Laguna Seca "Laguna" or just SECA... its not easy... Course then you have stuff like Mustang, and most call it Stang.. LOL :p

Even the Ford Font is hard to read, is that Jord, or Ford? or Lord? LOL

Think if the Movie Font for StarWars... sometimes it separated, sometimes its not...

KBBOSS1086 said:
The "SHIFT" in the 2nd shirt looks good to me, but the "LIFE" is what I'm having touble with. The LI is tough to make out...looks more like a U and the lower hash on the F seems a bit too long. If you can re-work the LI and shorten the hash in the F it would be much more legible. I'm not a fan of the numbers outside the letters...too busy. I'd also go with a 5 speed or 4 speed (plus reverse for the gear pattern). IMO

Trying to be constructive and not critical. I hope my feedback is helpful.
I have a very similar impression. How about using the logo the way you have it in the shirt below but completely disconnect the i in each word. Because your idea/design/logo is new I think you want to keep it relatively simple. From there you can make shirt designs etc. with different takes on your other designs.

I used to work in the restaurant business and we often had discussions about names for new concepts. A co-worker of mine always brought up the names Taco Bell and Burger King. Any confusion on that they sell? Now think about Boston Market or Wienerschnitzel. Can you tell what they sell from the name? I do not think you need to be that obvious and I like the name Shift Life a lot but sometimes simpler can be more effective especially when you have something new.

Good luck with your project.

PS don't forget a design with a steering wheel that has paddle shifters. :p

Shirt2.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors