The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shipping question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi,

I am trying to buy a pair of MM camber plates from cjponyparts and have them shipped to a friend in San Jose. I live in Sweden and the freight + taxes to get them shipped directly to me are... Silly..

Anyway, my friend told me to check how they deliver since he has lost some packages that were left outside his door by Fedex. Preferrably, I'd have them shipped to a distribution centre where he could pick them up. Cjponyparts were unable to help and asked me to provide a safe location instead. That 's not really an option for me.

So, you natives... Do you know of a more secure way to have things delivered in the US (but on a budget, still :))?

Please feel free to move the thread, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks/Swede

BigTaco said:
Your best bet would be to get permission to ship it to a place of business.

This, OP did you speak with CJ on the phone? Seems a little silly that you as the purchaser cannot tell them to ship something where ever you please or have them keep the package at the distro facility.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
BigTaco said:
Your best bet would be to get permission to ship it to a place of business.

+1 If your friend works in an office, this should be your best option. If CJ can't accommodate, the I'd try buying direct from MM, or another vendor.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Have the parts shipped with a signature required. Someone will need to receive the shipment before released by shipper. Normally a notice is left behind if no one signs. Take the notice and pick up the parts from local Fed Ex office.

I'll try the signature option. My friend works in an office but they aren't happy about receiving private mail & packages.
Unfortunately, CJ wasn't very helpful. Maybe someone here on BMO can recommend a sales rep att CJ, please PM me.
I'll ask MM and American Muscle as well.

Thanks for the help!

/Swede

Update - I contacted MM and got in touch with Brian Gust. He was super service minded, "just tell me how you want it and we'll fix it for you". Order placed with delivery signature required and the CC plates were packed and shipped the same day.
Now let's hope they find their way all the way to Sweden.

/Swede

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel