The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shipping Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All,

I am looking to ship my 2013 GHIG Boss from the Dallas Tx area to the Atlanta area. Preferably in a closed carrier.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

I just shipped a 66 mustang from Wyoming to Florida via Stateway. No complaints. $1,145 open carrier truck. I am sure they have exotic transport options. BTW if you want I will drive it for you!!!

If the following scenario is your situation, and you don't know you can do this: If you are buying it from a Dallas dealership and it hasn't been delivered to the selling dealership yet. You can have Ford drop ship it to the dealer in Atlanta and still buy it in Dallas.

Some of the GT500 guys bought there's at MSRP where ever they could and had them dropped at dealerships that wanted ADM's.

I am so sure you would baby my new car on the road... LOL.

I checked with the dealer and they are telling me unless I ordered it on the front end it could not be changed. Does anyone know if this is factual?

Several companies offered rates around 480-550. Sounds reasonable.

Thanks for your help!

Team Ford would not deal on the GHIG they have coming in? Lafayette Ford in NC has one on the lot right now if your ready too, just fyi, MSRP they told me....

My son purchased my 04 Cobra, I shipped from Central IL to southern California (open) for about $750.
We went through Uship.com you put in your info and request a covered transport and you will get bids immediately. but hold off for a week or more as the companies bid against each other. Mine started about over a grand and dropped to the price above. NOTE the people that are bidding are not the actual shippers but are agents who after winning put the bid out to shippers who take it. I had great luck but some have had problems. just make sure to accept a bid of someone who has tons of positive feedback . ALSO what everyou do always request the top rack (so nothing drips down on your car)

metro201 said:

I checked with the dealer and they are telling me unless I ordered it on the front end it could not be changed. Does anyone know if this is factual?

Thanks for your help!

Is the car already been scheduled to be built? After that point I believe changing its receiving location is no longer possible. However, prior to that, they should be able to get in and amend the order, that is what my dealer did.

Thanks for all the great information everyone!

And to answer the question about Team Ford, they are expecting $5k and not a penny lower in mark up. The General Manager told me they usually get it.

I guess that is why they still have a 2012 on the floor.

metro201 said:

Thanks for your help!
If Ford has not shipped it to the dealer from the factory, I see no reason why it can't be dropped shipped anywhere. Call the ford rep.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
metro201 said:
Thanks for all the great information everyone!

And to answer the question about Team Ford, they are expecting $5k and not a penny lower in mark up. The General Manager told me they usually get it.

I guess that is why they still have a 2012 on the floor.

Me LOLs at Team Ford! At least the '13 will have company when it arrives.

TMO Supporting Vendors