The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SHO Performance Package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindsayEOD said:
cloud9 said:
LindsayEOD said:
I got to see an F150 with a Livernois tune. It was pretty nice. Idled nice. Drove nice. The owner didn't have any complaints.
Was it an Ecoboost or a V8?
It was the Ecoboost. I think the guy said it was a 60ish rwhp gain. He had a CAI as well.
Thanks. Might have to look into that. The wife said it had "enough power", but that's like saying......well you know.

Lol. Right on man. I will say the thing that impressed me the most was the shifting. It took an ok transmission and made it into the best feeling transmission I've ever experienced in a truck. I think Livernois is getting the SHO's into the low 12's with their kits. That's pretty darn cool for a Ford "family" sedan.

LindsayEOD said:
Lol. Right on man. I will say the thing that impressed me the most was the shifting. It took an ok transmission and made it into the best feeling transmission I've ever experienced in a truck. I think Livernois is getting the SHO's into the low 12's with their kits. That's pretty darn cool for a Ford "family" sedan.
Especially one weighing in at over 4300 lbs.

cloud9 said:
LindsayEOD said:
True. Make sure to post up some pics of the ones you are looking at. That way we can vote on color ;)

LindsayEOD said:
cloud9 said:
LindsayEOD said:
True. Make sure to post up some pics of the ones you are looking at. That way we can vote on color ;)
These are basically the ones she's thinking about, although black's probably going to be ruled out since it's so hard to keep clean especially on a DD.

stockphotothumb.jpg

3031777613u1x424x360f20.jpg

2013fordtaurusshophoto4.jpg

2013fordtaurussho8.jpg

2013fordtaurussho1024x6.jpg

2013fordtaurusandtaurus.jpg

LindsayEOD said:
I really like DIB but ingot silver would look great too. Having a black DD is a bad idea. I did it for 3 years and never again. What is the Mrs. leaning towards?
Can't really tell. She thought she'd like blue, but when we saw it on a Focus she wasn't sure it belonged on a Taurus and I understood her point. Now seeing it in these pics I'm thinking the blue looks good. She also wanted red but that screamed older person's car to me, probably because that's the color of my Dad's Caddie :D When I showed her the white she said that looks nice......so TBH not sure.

All really good points. I think the white would look good too if you give the windows a nice tint and maybe do the 20" wheels since thy have the black inlays. How are they dealing on the SHO's right now?

LindsayEOD said:
All really good points. I think the white would look good too if you give the windows a nice tint and maybe do the 20" wheels since thy have the black inlays. How are they dealing on the SHO's right now?
I agree the 20" SHO wheels are the way to go and white seems to be moving to the top of the list. Good reminder on the tint....hadn't thought that far ....have spent more time researching Livernois tunes :) The pricing is pretty reasonable to me. They are around 47 MSRP with all the equipment she wants and selling for 39.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I agree, white seems to be the best. The other colors look like candy coats and don't really do the design justice. Make sure you tune that puppy !!! (sometimes I miss my turbo. A little. Then I remember the non-linear throttle response ;D )

Is your wife going to be cool with a tuned car? If so, awesome! It's actually tough to go wrong with a white car. It looks good on most vehicles. That is a crazy good deal. $8k off is amazing.

PeteInCT said:
I agree, white seems to be the best. The other colors look like candy coats and don't really do the design justice. Make sure you tune that puppy !!! (sometimes I miss my turbo. A little. Then I remember the non-linear throttle response ;D )
Yep I think so too. Looks like Livernois has been tuning these since the 2010 release and from what I've read so far they seem to have it down. According to the video in the link below, the two small turbos operate with virtually no lag. There's not much lag in my F-150 3.7L V6 Ecoboost either. It kicks in almost as fast as my supercharged GT500.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/trim/sho/

LindsayEOD said:
Is your wife going to be cool with a tuned car? If so, awesome! It's actually tough to go wrong with a white car. It looks good on most vehicles. That is a crazy good deal. $8k off is amazing.
I'm not sure I understand your question. She has a tuned V6 Mustang now because she felt it was too big of a power drop when she traded her 300C for it, so I'm sure she'll be fine with a tuned SHO making 400 but weighing 800 lbs more.

cloud9 said:
LindsayEOD said:
I'm not sure I understand your question. She has a tuned V6 Mustang now because she felt it was too big of a power drop when she traded her 300C for it, so I'm sure she'll be fine with a tuned SHO making 400 but weighing 800 lbs more.
Sorry I was confusing. I've just met a lot of women that don't like the characteristics of a tuned car. Mainly the shifting, but some don't like the throttle response either. I speak from experience on this, unfortunately. Since she has a tuned car already, I guess it's a non issue.

LindsayEOD said:
cloud9 said:
LindsayEOD said:
Sorry I was confusing. I've just met a lot of women that don't like the characteristics of a tuned car. Mainly the shifting, but some don't like the throttle response either. I speak from experience on this, unfortunately. Since she has a tuned car already, I guess it's a non issue.
Ahh I'm with you now. It's possible she wouldn't like it. I've never had a tuned automatic so I'm not sure how much it changes the feel of the shifting. From what I understand it's a more aggressive/quick shift than the factory shifts. She hasn't complained about the one she has, but I won't drive it so don't have a feel for the difference ;D

1010093.jpg

I was in an '11 GT auto that had a Bama tune and it was a big difference. It was very "jerky" and it seemed like if you just thought about touching the accelerator it would jump. The Livernois tuned F150 I was in wasnt nearly as bad but I dont know how it is in a SHO. Regardless of tune or not, I think the SHO will be a really nice upgrade.

LindsayEOD said:
I was in an '11 GT auto that had a Bama tune and it was a big difference. It was very "jerky" and it seemed like if you just thought about touching the accelerator it would jump. The Livernois tuned F150 I was in wasnt nearly as bad but I dont know how it is in a SHO. Regardless of tune or not, I think the SHO will be a really nice upgrade.
Good feedback and I'll check that out with some of the other guys that have that tune. I wasn't going to do anybody the other bolt-ons so could just flash back to stock if she doesn't like it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel