The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shopping for my '13 Boss!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations! Great looking car. I only live a couple of miles from the Ortega Hwy and it was the first road I drove after I got my 2012. I'm always up for that run. I usually head that way midday M-F when everyone is at work. I've got to quit working on Saturdays so I can get to Irvine for C&C.

Have fun!

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response...It's been a hectic few weeks with work and family. I would love to check out one of the Cars & Coffee events in Irvine, and plan to soon. I am working Saturdays now, and will have to arrange to take a Saturday off, and drop the other half at Fashion Island, so I can enjoy the event!

I'm really enjoying the new Boss, and finally got about 650 miles on her now. Also got the windows tinted...a real necessity here in the desert. Here are two better shots...on a quick run up Hwy. 74 above Palm Desert. This is by far the best handling stock performance car I have ever owned.

IMG_1246A_zps1bf19234.jpg

IMG_1248_zps68601225.jpg

Take care,

JJ

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Oh NO! You got the worst color! Nice choice.

I agree that its the best all around performance vehicle that I have ever owned. I am a die hard Ford guy and we have taken a beating over the years but the team Mustang folks really did this one right!

I was amazed at how close to a hotwheels this thing is. Funny, I drove my old '95 GT to work yesterday and it was amazing how really astonishing the difference is. I still love that old car but WOW! It was good to get back behind the wheel this morning...

Enjoy your new machine!

Whats your serial number?

John

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
+1

Drive as much as you can, it's like savings in your best experiences bank account. No one can take those away.

jneary said:
Oh NO! You got the worst color! Nice choice.

I agree that its the best all around performance vehicle that I have ever owned. I am a die hard Ford guy and we have taken a beating over the years but the team Mustang folks really did this one right!

I was amazed at how close to a hotwheels this thing is. Funny, I drove my old '95 GT to work yesterday and it was amazing how really astonishing the difference is. I still love that old car but WOW! It was good to get back behind the wheel this morning...

Enjoy your new machine!

Whats your serial number?

John

Thanks,

I am really enjoying the car. I wanted a 70 like yours, but could not afford one back then. Oh, my serial number is 3497.

JJ

jjgi5150 said:
Thanks everyone....

I have a lot of years of experience messing with cars, from early 70's parking lot slaloms to years of just plain hot-rodding. However, with this Boss, I am planning on only minimal mods. I have a great extended warranty, and other than the track key and a few as yet undecided things, I probably won't do much to it. I really want to drive it a while and get a bit more used to it...and see if I think it needs anything in particular.

The better half actually LOVED the Recaro seat. On the ride home she commented several times how comfortable it was, even compared to the G37S seat, which she liked. She agreed to a 'run up the coast' weekend soon...So I think we'll take a trip to Monterey on the 101. She just kept saying, "it's still green" every time we walked out to it.

I'll pull out the better Canon and take some real photos of it, maybe on Hwy. 74 going up to the mountains. There are some great backdrops there and oh, what a fun road!

Thanks again and take care,

JJ

Congratulations on the purchase of your GHIG Boss!

What a great color!

I owned the same car for about a year and hated to give us #333 but ended up trading it in on another Boss car.

I was able to put around 3000 miles on #333 before I sold it and my wife also commented to me on many occasions that the Recaro seats were the most supportive and comfortable seats she had ever sat on and we have been fortunate to own some nice German built cars over the years.

The only modifications that I would recommend and one is minor and that is to take out the side exhaust baffle plates. You may have done this already but the sound of the car from 4000 RPM and up is very nice without the baffle plates and it intoxicating once you hear the difference.

The only other modification I made to #333 was that I replaced the stock 2 piece steel drive shaft which must weigh over 45 pounds and I replaced it with a one piece carbon fiber drive shaft which weighs around 15 pounds. I think there is almost 20 pounds of ballast in the stock two piece unit which is of course used to help balance and take any vibration out of the drive train.

After installing the carbon fiber drive shaft I could immediately tell a difference in smoothness especially during excelleration and there is no question that reducing my rotating mass by approximately 30 pounds certainly helps with improved performance. I certainly recommend this change to anyone who owns a Boss car.

Good luck with your new Boss as that is my personal favorite Boss color for the two year production run.

Harry

:)

Congratulations from a 12 day owner of my first Boss and retired LEO from the home of used 5.0's, Alabama. By the time that thing needs its second or third engine it will end up here next to the pickup and mobile home. Hard for me to make it from point A to point B without someone in a 92 GT wanting to drag race. Heading to the beach with the wife and son Tuesday to cruise. Does it ever get any easier to shift from 2nd to 3rd while on the gas?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel