The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shopping for my '13 Boss!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

What a great forum. I've been following it on and off since the new Boss came out. It is by far one of the best online forums I have visited....high quality info and very nice members.

I am a long time Mustang guy...all the way back to my first car, a '65 Mustang. I always wanted a 1970 Boss 302, but in those days as a poor teen, I couldn't afford the $4,500.00 for one. Look what they go for now!

I am in the market for a '13 and have one lined up...hopefully I will be able to pick it up tomorrow. At any rate, I will be an owner soon...

I will post up as soon as that happens. For now, I will just keep reading up and becoming more educated about the new Boss.

Take care,

JJ

jjgi5150 said:
Hi all,

What a great forum. I've been following it on and off since the new Boss came out. It is by far one of the best online forums I have visited....high quality info and very nice members.
Thank you. It's the members that make this such a great forum and many have a lot of experience with Mustangs including tracking their cars. Welcome to BMO and good luck with your purchase.

Thanks for the welcome!

I hope to have photos up by tomorrow evening. I'm heading out for the dealer early in the AM tomorrow. The test drive I did on a demo Boss with 5k miles was very impressive. I'm really anxious to get it and start with a few selected mods. I have no intention of tracking, just want a really great driver for the street...trips through the mountains, down to San Diego, maybe up the coast along the 101. It will be strictly a weekend/trip car for me.

I did a lot of parking lot slaloms in the 70's with my old '65 Mustang. It was a blast, but I have no interest in that now.

I'll update tomorrow...

Take care,

JJ

You're going to love your new Boss JJ.

I was in the same boat as you as a teen - I loved the muscle cars of the day only to watch them disappear before I could afford them. Who would have thought that we would see the muscle car rise again and be even better within our lifetimes?! I certainly didn't.

Life is good...and even better in a Boss! :D

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
jjgi5150 said:
Hi all,

I am a long time Mustang guy...all the way back to my first car, a '65 Mustang. I always wanted a 1970 Boss 302, but in those days as a poor teen, I couldn't afford the $4,500.00 for one. Look what they go for now!

I am in the market for a '13 and have one lined up...hopefully I will be able to pick it up tomorrow. At any rate, I will be an owner soon...

I will post up as soon as that happens. For now, I will just keep reading up and becoming more educated about the new Boss.

Take care,

JJ

Which 5150 are you? :)

1. 5150
police code for crazy one on the loose. Danger to property, danger to others, and danger to themselves...
you better call the cops before she goes 5150 on your ass!!

2. 5150
California code for a legal involuntary 72 hour psychiatric hold.
We 5150'd him against his will and sent him over to the inpatient facility.

3. 5150
police term for "Danger to themself & others" somehow adopted by motorcycle Stunters to mean "Crazy".

f-w,

Well, I would have to say that all three apply! I got that nickname from some of the gangsters that I used to chase after in my early days as an LEO in SoCal. One of the local street gangs who used to try to run the city thought I was as crazy as any of them...a few of whom had been 5150'ed before and knew the WIC numbers.

A few of my troops on my shift also started to pass that ID around and I just adopted it as an internet log-on. I assure you I am really quite sane, as I am still an active duty sergeant in a large SoCal department. Still, my better half thinks I am a bit nuts about this Boss thing I have!!!!

I can hardly wait to get this car...even at my age...like a kid before Christmas!

Take care,

JJ

Hi all,

Well, it was a very long day, laced with ugly LA traffic and very little sleep the night before. However....I am extremely happy to report that I did purchase my Boss today.

002-1_zpsfe92e522.jpg

As you see in the photo attached, you will immediately recognize that it is still GREEN! That is very OK though, since that is the color I had wanted and I was able to get one of...if not the last, of that color in SoCal. It drives even better than the test mule I drove before. It has the 500A package with Recaro seats and the Torsen differential, CC and FM's.

It is by far the nicest driving/handling new car I have ever purchased, and I have owned some nice German imports in the past. I could not be happier with the purchase and the dealer.

It is # 3497.

Take care,

JJ

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
GottaBoss said:
She's a beauty!

I almost purchased green myself but in the end decided on yellow. All the colors are great.

Enjoy!

Congratulations on your purchase! I am also happy to hear about your great buying experience - I bought the last yellow one in Florida (that I know of) below invoice (I think they were unable to sell it because it's a base Boss but it did include the FM's and CC). They wanted it moved off the lot since it has been sitting there for over half a year and the numbers just lined up in my favor. Like you, I had always loved the 1970 302 and always thought it was the baddest muscle car ever, and now I've finally fulfilled my dream of being behind the wheel of one. Have fun with your new Boss and make sure you post plenty of pictures!

Thanks everyone....

I have a lot of years of experience messing with cars, from early 70's parking lot slaloms to years of just plain hot-rodding. However, with this Boss, I am planning on only minimal mods. I have a great extended warranty, and other than the track key and a few as yet undecided things, I probably won't do much to it. I really want to drive it a while and get a bit more used to it...and see if I think it needs anything in particular.

The better half actually LOVED the Recaro seat. On the ride home she commented several times how comfortable it was, even compared to the G37S seat, which she liked. She agreed to a 'run up the coast' weekend soon...So I think we'll take a trip to Monterey on the 101. She just kept saying, "it's still green" every time we walked out to it.

I'll pull out the better Canon and take some real photos of it, maybe on Hwy. 74 going up to the mountains. There are some great backdrops there and oh, what a fun road!

Thanks again and take care,

JJ

Bay Area
jjgi5150 said:
Thanks everyone....

I have a lot of years of experience messing with cars, from early 70's parking lot slaloms to years of just plain hot-rodding. However, with this Boss, I am planning on only minimal mods. I have a great extended warranty, and other than the track key and a few as yet undecided things, I probably won't do much to it. I really want to drive it a while and get a bit more used to it...and see if I think it needs anything in particular.

The better half actually LOVED the Recaro seat. On the ride home she commented several times how comfortable it was, even compared to the G37S seat, which she liked. She agreed to a 'run up the coast' weekend soon...So I think we'll take a trip to Monterey on the 101. She just kept saying, "it's still green" every time we walked out to it.

I'll pull out the better Canon and take some real photos of it, maybe on Hwy. 74 going up to the mountains. There are some great backdrops there and oh, what a fun road!

Thanks again and take care,

JJ

Send me a PM when you hit up Ortega Hiway. MAybe ill run up there and drive with you.

TMO Supporting Vendors