The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Should I add sway bars or T-springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

US
Ahhhhh that's good stuff!

"It's GOLD Jerry! GOLD I tell ya!"

Thanks for that. It will be of great help!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

For any double adjustable that we are starting with I set the rebound about 1/3 of the range up from full soft (fast), and the compression right in the middle of the range. So much changes between bushings (sometimes very tight bushings), bars, tires and driving style, that it's hard to say "THIS" is the right settings.

Also, if you are in the weeds on setting them up, I highly recommend Neil Roberts book, "Think Fast". He uses plain language and simple tests to help with setup and improvements.

US
Thanks! I'll look for that book. Always learning something!

4 / 8 compression/ rebound is what I found mcs says to start with.

US
For any double adjustable that we are starting with I set the rebound about 1/3 of the range up from full soft (fast), and the compression right in the middle of the range. So much changes between bushings (sometimes very tight bushings), bars, tires and driving style, that it's hard to say "THIS" is the right settings.

Also, if you are in the weeds on setting them up, I highly recommend Neil Roberts book, "Think Fast". He uses plain language and simple tests to help with setup and improvements.
Found the book on Amazon for $25. Be here Sunday !

I keep "Think Fast" in my trailer. It has a great chart that breaks down under and over steer based on the phase of the corner and what dampers to adjust to make a change.

US
On that same topic- whats the best log book you guys have found to log your track/ car/ tire etc data ? Looking for a road course specific book.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel