The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Show us your Boss Mustangs thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
You may find that the feelings of heavyness and body roll start to fade when you get it to the track, it did for me. I came off of a heavily modified Audi TTS running 345hp/352tq, a very low/stiff suspension and massive brakes. Total weight was under 3200 lbs. At first the weight/roll feeling was there for me on the street somewhat. But at the track I honestly don't even notice those 'issues' given the engines' willingness to rev and the way the rear end just sits and sticks. The more you push this car the better it behaves. I still want to know the 'magic' required to do that with a live axle ! ;D I do miss the insane braking capability a little, but even with the stock pads I can't say the braking it's bad. I've since upgraded pads as I put her to sleep for the winter, so part of that should be eliminated in the spring.

Get her out there and let her stretch her legs - you may find the same experience as a lot of us have. Enjoy !

ArizonaGT said:
294488_829267873574_20311301_39405744_1700521165_n.jpg

What kind of grill is that?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
ArizonaGT said:
[ig width=900 height=600]http://hphotos-sea1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/294488_829267873574_20311301_39405744_1700521165_n.jpg[/img]

What kind of grill is that?

GT Grille Surround from RockAuto.com, cheapo black bar grille from American Muscle. I only use that for hot days at the track.

canadianboss, the instruction don't say to remove the flaps but I did because once you install the splitter you will not be able to get to the screw to remove them later if you track your car.

BossJockey said:
Thanks. Just needs some lowering springs. ;)

Future plan for me also but I am not displeased with the body roll now. In that pic you have a wheel off the ground and still I don't think it is too bad at all. Had a picture or two with one wheel up but can't find it now, here are some others.

1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
3-2.jpg

About 5 feet ;D

Next time the skies are clear on a weekend I'm going to borrow my bro's dslr instead of using my Blackberry, and get some sunset pics.

I'll upload the full size pic and post a link in a sec. I'm not good with cameras but it is hard to take a bad pic on highway 1

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc235/calimr/bossbeachbig.jpg

And one a little closer, I had some other ones but my finger was in them

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc235/calimr/bossbeachbig2.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors