The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Show us your Boss Mustangs thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My dad used to race his 2nd-hand 1970 Boss 302 in time trials at Lime Rock, Bridgehampton, Pocono, but hasn't done any track days since the early 1990s. He says he doesn't plan on taking his car to the track, but who knows, maybe seeing some of your cars on the track could convince him to try it again. At the very least, we will be participating in the Miller Motorsports Boss Challenge next summer.

I, for one, would like to see how his times compare between the two Bosses, especially at Pocono, where he was the only street car to do the road course in just under two minutes. All other sub-2s were race cars. At least, that's my understanding of what he told me. Unfortunately, he just told me that Pocono shortened its road course layout, by my estimates, by about a quarter-mile or half mile, give or take a couple hundred feet. This could render any new lap times moot as there'd be nothing of his laps to compare to.

He has expressed a desire to go racing again, and hopefully, I can join in the fun at Miller Motorsports Park. I'd always wanted to have a career in racing, but being deaf and knowing that some forms of racing have a lot of radio communication, meant that my dreams of being a world-famous American F1 driver are dead... lol.

ArizonaGT said:
I love my Red/Black but that Red/White sure does look good!

Thanks. I was a bit worried about the white when I first picked it up, but now I really do love the look. The RR/Black stripes are completely BADASS, though! 8) 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
A couple photos and a video from this weekend:

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

[youtube]4-TNLdTaXtI?hd=1[/youtube]

ArizonaGT said:
A couple photos and a video from this weekend:

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/news/uploads/2011/11/20111127ProAuto/larg
e/IMG_6007.jpg

That was great watching you pick those cars off, one by one!

[youtube]4-TNLdTaXtI?hd=1[/youtube]

Rick,

That pic is beautiful. Makes me glad I'm getting the KB.

The lighting and angle really captures the car, much better than your signature pic. So much better in fact, that I photochopped this in the exact size as your sig pic if you want to use it:

rick_kb.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
Thanks, I might just use that photo. That was taken with my uber expensive plastic lens equipped iP4. ;)

Are you Servitium on TMS?

Why yes, it 'tis I!

You may have also come across my during my duties at the ministry of silly walks:

monty.gif

M3 KILLER said:
NICE! That car has some lines.

Love the way the palm trees reflect in what is obviously a fresh coat of polish.
Thanks. Someone on TMS made a similar comment. I tool possession of the car on July 15th and haven't waxed it. The last time it was washed was over a week prior to that photo. I purchased Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax and clay bar kit but haven't found time to do it yet. Now it's too cold so it will have to wait for the next 70 degree day. The photo did come out nice and I appreciate you cropping it and fixing the license plate.

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
here are a few pictures of her at cars and coffee Chatham NJ. and the day i traded the Z in for her at the dealership.
Nice. How does the Boss compare to your other recent sports cars?

i haven't taken the boss to the track yet, so i don't know how it handles when pushed to its limits. the Boss is the heaviest sports car i've owned. on the streets it handles quite well for its weight. i have steering on sports mode all time, still the steering response is not as sharp as the Evo and 370z, but it is much better than C6 corvettes that i drove. surprisingly, it feels very BMWish. im getting a good bit of body roll because its weight and higher center gravity, but the grip is there. it gives me confidence on back roads, the handling is very predictable and neutral. i am very surprised how stable this car feels on bumpy roads and highway compare to the Z which feels really nervous.

to me, the engine is the most special part of the boss. it's extremely refined, and it revs much quicker and smoother than the Z's 3.7 v6. i actually prefer this 5.0 v8 to the E92 M3's higher revving 4.0 v8; it's got a much wider power band and torque is everywhere :D

overall, i think this is a very special vehicle. it makes me smile ear to ear every time i drive it ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel