The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Show us your Boss Mustangs thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can we see some of the Boss mustangs out there at this point? There are some killer pics on this site already. The colors seem to come to life depending on the lighting, environment, etc.

2012_Boss_Mustang_03.JPG

Mines the yellow one in the middle.

5 DOT 0, I like the wheels you have chosen to run. They look similar to the SVT package rims that come on the Shelby cars as a special option. Are they for track use only with specialized tires, or did you decide to put your stock rims in storage for good? What was the approximate cost for the set, if I might ask?

Boss-man said:
5 DOT 0, I like the wheels you have chosen to run. They look similar to the SVT package rims that come on the Shelby cars as a special option. Are they for track use only with specialized tires, or did you decide to put your stock rims in storage for good? What was the approximate cost for the set, if I might ask?
Thank you. Those are the Ford Racing version of those wheels made for the Boss project. CJ Pony has them for under $1,700 delivered. I don't like the high gloss black wheels and rear spoiler on the white striped cars and swapped out the wheels within 24 hours of taking possession of the car. The rear spoiler had to wait a week before I could replace it. Those are my main wheels and if I decide to have track specific wheels/tires I'lll either use the stock wheels or buy a different set. For now I'm using the Ford Racing wheels with the stock Pirelli's on the track and have some Toyo Proxes on the way as a replacement for the Pirelli's when they wear out.

TMO Supporting Vendors