The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Side Pipe Flange Bolt Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I bought my Boss it was missing the side pipes so I am assembling one from a pair of eBay side pipes and an MRT 3" clamp on h pipe. Since the MRT doesn't come with the side pipe flange bolts ( you are supposed to re-use your existing), anyone know offhand what size they are and about how long?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think it looks like an M8 1.25 ... but I'm not certain. Stock ones are press-in studs, so I don't think the hardware would be reused.

25 or 30mm bolt length should be enough, assuming you don't have the spacer block or use QTP cutouts.

ArizonaBOSS said:
All I know is they use 15mm sockets/wrench to remove.

I laughed when I read your post.....I'm in the same boat. Sometimes I wonder how do people know this stuff. But this is what make BMO soooo great!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Funny but I just ordered a set from Levittown with the rubber grommet for my Kooks side pipe replacements. Could have used the old ones but I have a hard tyme using older hardware.

Hex Washer Bolt For Side Exhaust x4 W714780S439
Bolt Grommet For Sidepipes x4 5C3Z17C431AA

No, I have the side pipe sill mount hardware. I'm looking for the h pipe to side pipe bolts. Guess I can wait to get the parts and measure it.

Kinda cheap for MRT not to include them.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Bolt Grommet For Sidepipes x4 5C3Z17C431AA
[/quote]

Good call on the rubber grommets. When I installed my Kooks it was a bear to remove them from the original pipes without tearing them up.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yeah, that's pretty cheap not to come with the mid pipe.

Since both flanges are aftermarket, it shouldn't matter what size you run, since the original hardware has a lot of slop for adjustment/rotation. So there's no need to match it. I'd get the largest bolt that fits the flanges.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
superhero said:
Sometimes I wonder how do people know this stuff. But this is what make BMO soooo great!!

Because we've been there :)

TMO Supporting Vendors