The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

side splitters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw these Roush/RTR side splitters. Is there anything else on the market that is similar? Thanks.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/RSH-420092/Mustang-Roush-Side-Splitter-Assemblies

I haven't seen any other side splitters on the market...but the Roush side splitters are really easy to install and look great!

Warning...gratuitous whoring below:

7429183e.jpg

16e7d034.jpg

d3e724db.jpg

I have a set of the Roush side splitters. They look right on the car and have an OEM fitment and look. They do make the car look lower. I've also heard they add 10 pounds of downforce at 170 MPH. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
I have a set of the Roush side splitters. They look right on the car and have an OEM fitment and look. They do make the car look lower. I've also heard they add 10 pounds of downforce at 170 MPH. ;)

Was this where you got that info?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/the-paddock/funny-video-poking-fun-at-ricer-boys/

I didn't think I would like them when I read the thread title, but they do look like they are OEM. Just need to integrate the back bumper now.

It does make jacking up the car a bit more difficult if you don't have something to reach past the plastic to the rocker. A jack rail or block with a split in it small enough to fit in the opening they leave will do the trick. Flat pads will crush the side splitter up against the rocker as they do extend lower than the pinch on the rocker. If you look at the rear lift arms you can see the extensions I made to reach into the opening the plastic leaves for jacking.

IMG_2117.png

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
908ssp said:
It does make jacking up the car a bit more difficult if you don't have something to reach past the plastic to the rocker. A jack rail or block with a split in it small enough to fit in the opening they leave will do the trick. Flat pads will crush the side splitter up against the rocker as they do extend lower than the pinch on the rocker. If you look at the rear lift arms you can see the extensions I made to reach into the opening the plastic leaves for jacking.

IMG_2117.png
Interesting setup. How are those plates anchored to the frame? Looks like 6 bolts per pad. Is that correct? Also, are those plates made from stock 3/4" Aluminum plate?

MMD

The plates at the front of the rockers have nothing to do with this thread. I made those to pull the ends of the K members back in place after I bent them up by putting a jack stand at the end of the K member...So Don't Do That. They started out an inch thick or maybe more there is quiet a bit of mill work on the top side you can't see to make them strong but lighter than they look.

I am making some jack blocks for the rear they will attach right on the rocker near the factory jack points and extend down 1/4" just enough so I can use a flat plate to jack the car up and not put pressure on the side skirts. I'll show you when I am done.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
guy in this tread made a hockey puck into a great pad to use for jacking the car up.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/283697-pinch-weld-jacking-problem-solved-pictures-3.html

TMO Supporting Vendors