The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Signature TMO Event"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
Do we have a "signature event" each year? I know all us members are spread out, however I am curious if there is an event where we have a large number of people attend. Always looking for ways to meet other TMO folks!

Cheers

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The " Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup " was the TMO Main Event in 2020 , but with Covid many could not attend it if they wanted to. It might be a good idea to have events in various quadrants of the US to designate as TMO gatherings and Ludachris did set up the Event Section so folks could see where other Mustang TrackRats were going for their road racing or autocross fix. In 2019 there were 24 TMO members at the Mustang Roundup , and with Ford Engineers also coming to race with us, it is a unique opportunity to run with plenty of folks who love to let their pony's gallop! This event is timed ( they provide portable timers for all participants ), there is an autocross also, and plenty of food is also part of the fee . Check out www.racemph.com for the event coming this September.

We all have to get more into a habit of posting where we are going and looking at the Event section, because like Nick20 , I really enjoy meeting other Mustang owners who track their machines. The thing that often occurs , besides forming even better friendships, is you often find out a new trick or two others have found.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
The " Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup " was the TMO Main Event in 2020 , but with Covid many could not attend it if they wanted to. It might be a good idea to have events in various quadrants of the US to designate as TMO gatherings and Ludachris did set up the Event Section so folks could see where other Mustang TrackRats were going for their road racing or autocross fix. In 2019 there were 24 TMO members at the Mustang Roundup , and with Ford Engineers also coming to race with us, it is a unique opportunity to run with plenty of folks who love to let their pony's gallop! This event is timed ( they provide portable timers for all participants ), there is an autocross also, and plenty of food is also part of the fee . Check out www.racemph.com for the event coming this September.

We all have to get more into a habit of posting where we are going and looking at the Event section, because like Nick20 , I really enjoy meeting other Mustang owners who track their machines. The thing that often occurs , besides forming even better friendships, is you often find out a new trick or two others have found.
Mustang Roundup sounds like a fun event! Hastings is about a 17 hour drive for me so may be out of my range logistically.

I've started posting events I'm attending in the TMO events section. I like the idea of having events designated as TMO gatherings in different quadrants of the country. I'd definitely be happy to coordinate something in the Southeast.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Nothing official, but this is the one that some here try to make every year to meet up with other TMO members:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Mustang Roundup sounds like a fun event! Hastings is about a 17 hour drive for me so may be out of my range logistically.

I've started posting events I'm attending in the TMO events section. I like the idea of having events designated as TMO gatherings in different quadrants of the country. I'd definitely be happy to coordinate something in the Southeast.
Nick

I have been to the round up twice. Great event with a club like atmosphere. Ill make the pull again this year. Last year did not happen for me because of Covid, I had it at the time.
I would like to see an event at Barber or Atlanta where TMO types could get together. Something in the fall?

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
The Cruise for a Cause - Ford Fest in the Wisconsin Dells is a good event for midwest guys. It happens every fall. Lots of Fords show up, mostly Mustangs. Cars are coming and going all weekend. So I don't really know how many are there but its probably 80-100 all in. Anyway, there is a car show, fast autox and hot laps on Dells Raceway Park. Its a 1/3 mile asphalt, go as fast as you dare, 1 or 2 cars at a time, 3-5 laps at a time, if you want more laps just get back in line. I'll typically run 50 laps or more, giving rides. Plus there are back road cruises, a banquet and golf (if thats your thing). Its a good time.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
Nick

I have been to the round up twice. Great event with a club like atmosphere. Ill make the pull again this year. Last year did not happen for me because of Covid, I had it at the time.
I would like to see an event at Barber or Atlanta where TMO types could get together. Something in the fall?
I'll have to plan to make the trip Mustang Round Up within the next few years. Sounds like a great time!

I'd love to plan a Road Atlanta or Barber event for the Fall. We could plan for one of the following?
9/11 - 9/12: Barber Motorsports Park, Chin Track Days
10/2 - 10/3: Road Atlanta, Chin Track Days (Weekend prior to IMSA Petit Le Mans)

If we have TMO members interested I'd be happy to post some suggested hotels and try to reserve some paddock space for our group.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know it is not the same weekend , that is why I said knowing you , you might to get to both ----run Atlanta and then drive to Nebraska the next week, ha!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Maryland
Do we have a "signature event" each year? I know all us members are spread out, however I am curious if there is an event where we have a large number of people attend. Always looking for ways to meet other TMO folks!

Cheers
That’d be a pretty sweet event for an admin or someone to get set up just for us all. I’m on the east coast in Maryland though so I’m not sure how many people are out this way.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
If I can get up enough interest, I'm down to take something on for the South/West Coast gang. I figure we can exclusively rent a track out during the off-season (starting Oct-Nov) and with 20 of us, it'd probably be around what a normal HPDE day costs. Figure we leave room for a few more non-Mustang friends and use the rest to buy cool paraphernalia and produce. For those in the cold, might be worth a long weekend to escape the cold and rent something nice and new to you.

TMO Supporting Vendors