The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Signed up for Mustang Roundup 2018 !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would have been there anyway, but thanks to Karl Wilen of RennsportKC ( who happens to be the CrewChief for Jade Buford and Scott Maxwell ) my glitch with the electronics is fixed and ended up being super minor -- sure helps to get a guy who knows about Boss 302S models , as well as the new GT4 GT 350s. Car ran solid the entire weekend in Hastings at the KoolAid Days NASA race, so...

Sent my entry money into George Anderson and I realize I will get my butt waxed by John Ledy in Godzilla ( hmmm, maybe I should rephrase that? ). Running in the race class and it should be fun , as we usually have 5-9 folks running rollcaged Stangs?!

www.racemph.com

Last edited:

drano38

Wayne
Oh, going to an event a few weeks prior to the Roundup?
I believe at the early Roundups we called them the Cheaten' Bastages :)
But glass you have the Boss running, and can join us on track.

Bill - Bruce is and will be the dominator as he broke the 1:31 mark last year at this event. With his new engine he is likely to repeat that plus some.

Good news on my front is my car should be back in time for a SCCA race this coming weekend. Turns out coolant got in the engine, which caused the hydrolock, bent a rod, damaged bearings, and CAM shaft. I was expecting worse.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Possibly,but since I will not be in a position to drag my heavy Stang around faster than you guys, I may have to let you know a few speed secrets on that track!?

PS-Running at Brainerd?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Key reminder.......if you car is stock or very lightly modified you are running in then Stock Class and can run a 200 Treadwear tire and still be legal for said Class. Under 200 TWR (example Michelin Pilot Sport Cup is 180) and the tires alone will put you in Modified.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors