The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Simple Question. What is the most accurate dyno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

Through experience, what is the best dyno type for the most accurate results? Or is it really a consistency thing where you stick with the same dyno throughout your tuning endevours and focus more on the delta rather than the actual number. I am going for my first dyno, and want to get a nice baseline before I install my mods. Thanks.

Sarosh

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
its not a simple question. Mustang Dyno's typically read lower then dynojets. the key to the dyno's are same dyno same day with the same weather conditions. They are great as a tuning aid.

dynos can be manipulated to help or to hurt.
they are a tuning aid. a way or replacing the old method of the track. where you would run the car, bring it in and then adjust for faster laps/et's/mph and then run it again.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
If you stick with the same dyno, that's as good as you can get. Just be as consistant as possible and make changes incrementally.

TMO Supporting Vendors