The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SIRIUS-LY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
So my 2013 Boss has SYNC, which is quite awesome, but I'd like sirius and evidently it doesn't have it.
Have any of you bought/installed the OEM sirius tuner and antenna?
If so, where and how much and how do you like it?

Once I found out that Pandora and Stitcher Radio were good alternatives, and are integrated into the Ford Applink, I don't really miss Sirius all that much. One of the only negative trade offs from my 13' GT Trackpack car I suppose, but I will still take the Boss any day....

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
The 2012 radio (street Boss) is Sirius-ready, so it was a matter of just ordering the Sirius receiver kit and very simple install. Can't recall what the kit or install cost. I placed the sat antenna on the rear window deck (inside) and it works great there. No need to install outside on the trunk.

I'm a long-time Howard Stern fan, so Sirius is a must. ;)

Seven

Dacia Sandero
NeuRon said:
The 2012 radio (street Boss) is Sirius-ready, so it was a matter of just ordering the Sirius receiver kit and very simple install. Can't recall what the kit or install cost. I placed the sat antenna on the rear window deck (inside) and it works great there. No need to install outside on the trunk.

This is what I was thinking of doing, hoping the 2013 with Sync is SIRIUS ready too.
Can anyone confirm?

NeuRon said:

Was this through Sirius or Ford,etc? I got an email saying I was entitled to a free Sirius radio. Someone had pics of the install some time ago. Not sure it was the same as yours.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
Fiddler49 said:
2013 is "SIRIUS ready" as well, requiring the additional widgets.
That's what I figured, the tuner box and antenna should be all I need. I figure there's an OEM one to use. Looking for part numbers and install info
badasbullitt said:
Was this through Sirius or Ford,etc? I got an email saying I was entitled to a free Sirius radio. Someone had pics of the install some time ago. Not sure it was the same as yours.
Let me know if anyone comes across it. If it doesn't look like something I'd hate doing, I'll tackle it myself.

TMO Supporting Vendors