The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

skip shift solenoid connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wondering if anyone knows what type of plug connector is used on the skip shift solenoid as I would rather unplug and put on sealed connector than just tape up the ends

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
mine must be broke cause when it says 1-4 skip thing with silver key it still goes into 2nd.....thought it was like a suggestion to go to fourth didnt know it was supposed to make you go to fourth

MLM

Mike
It's not broken. The message can be misleading. It seems normal for it to sometimes go into second even when skip shift activates. The message is displayed for much longer than the solenoid is energized (on purpose), so by the time you actually shift the conditions for skip shift may have already gone away even though you still see the message.

Track Key deactivates it, and it only happens at like 17-20 mph with low throttle input. If you drive the car like it wants you to, you won't see it anyways ;D

yeah I am getting the track key next week so I will leave as is. I only had it happen once so far.

Boss1601 said:
Think this was removed for MY 2013? If so, how did Ford get around it without engine changes?
The 2013's Mustangs do not have skip shift. I have no idea how they got around it.

The 2013 Boss does have skip shift, I confirmed it with my transmission guy at ford. And if you unplug skip shift it does give a code that ford is watching for they will void the transmission warranty if you have any problems and have unplugged it. Was told direct from ford. I tried everything to get it disconnected they will not. This is comming from ford not me.

I was told they do? By a ford guy. If not then that would explain why ive read people whom have one that had the 2012 said the 2012 felt faster? They had to do something to pass the cali laws? Anyway I'd buy the damn beer right or wrong it's been a long week as long as there are plenty of women ;D

I am going to but he is from ford thats pretty funny that they dont even know their own vehicles. Yeah I have herd that but also have herd some still have it so I told him and he said nope they all have it. Nice maybe then he will dissconnect mine ;D

MLM

Mike
5 DOT 0 said:
Boss1601 said:
Think this was removed for MY 2013? If so, how did Ford get around it without engine changes?
The 2013's Mustangs do not have skip shift. I have no idea how they got around it.

If CAFE is a production fleet average, then fuel economy improvements in Ford's other vehicles might have permitted them to get rid of skip shift in Mustang. I doubt it made much of a difference in the first place.

TMO Supporting Vendors