The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Slave Cylinder Woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starting to get old :mad: This time the failure was the throwout, spring and boot separated from the slave. Throwout was still attached to the spring and boot until we got it out, then it fell apart. About six track days on this.

CIMG4079_zps4119f3f9.png
CIMG4081_zpsb32400b9.png
CIMG4083_zps448bdbd8.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ArizonaGT said:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-2012-shelby-gt500/transmission/slave-cylinders/mcleod-05-2012-mustang-adjustable-slave-cylinder.html

You might want to call them to confirm fitment, I think they come in two different lengths.

That sucks!

This is what mine looked like.
26649[/ATTACH]]RJgVBael.jpg

It depends on which clutch you have. I ordered the one for a GT500 from Ford and it was too short. I have a Excedy clutch so I needed the slave for an 05 GT.

Attachments

• RJgVBael.jpg
    RJgVBael.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
That sucks. Are there any aftermarket options?

smittytx said:
That sucks!

It depends on which clutch you have. I ordered the one for a GT500 from Ford and it was too short. I have a Excedy clutch so I needed the slave for an 05 GT.

I was told by Rehagan that the slave I need is the same as the stock Boss with an MT82. The one they sent me with the Exedy was the same as what was in the car. I put a call in to re-confirm this but if I remember correctly another place also told me they were the same (JPC maybe). I need to check but for some reason I do think the 302R I saw with the Tremec and an Exedy single discs had one that was shorter.

Recieved my spare replacement a few days ago. This does not look right to me, the entire throwout bearing is off center. I sent some pics to a few people and so far heard back from one person that it does not look correct to him. Anyone have one laying around to check?

CIMG4095_zps670507a6.png
CIMG4096_zps93f38f3b.png
CIMG4097_zps018c163a.png

TMO Supporting Vendors