The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Sleeper" Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Found this over on the Mustang Forums - a 1200 hp "Sleeper" Boss 302. Click here to see what they had to say and a video of the dyno run.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
If he is running sticky rubber then the rims can spin inside the tire and if the tires are not too sticky he can spin the whole works. ;)

Well, I was going to make a comment, but they already did it for me - in the very first part of the article:

The Boss 302 is not a sleeper. Anything that comes in bright yellow paint and 444hp cannot be called that.

Drop that engine in a Ford C-Max and give me a call. Okay, all done here. ;)

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
For more info on how this was accomplished here is another LINK on this "Sleeper".

That's pretty wild.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hmmTBhyoyss[/youtube]

1200hp-Mustang-Boss-302%20%282%29.jpg
1200hp-Mustang-Boss-302%20(1)-thumb-600x600-1187.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Hooking it up on those 20" low pro tires ought to be interesting.

I have problems putting power down at stock power levels, so that 1200hp or whatever should be pretty much completely useless outside of parking lot dong-measuring contests

Looks awesome, sounds amazing, but I wouldn't bet a dime on how long the motor will live if it makes that kind of power. Thats over 4 hp per cubic inch and motors like that dont tend to have a long life.

Tulsa, OK
ArizonaGT said:
I have problems putting power down at stock power levels, so that 1200hp or whatever should be pretty much completely useless outside of parking lot dong-measuring contests

Hilarious! Still bad ass though!

TMO Supporting Vendors