The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Slicks and wheels on order!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Special thanks to the woman that hit my beater car. Got a 1805 dollar check to get it fixed...I can fix it with no money.

Anyways because of that I ordered 15x8 Darkstar wheels, 28x9x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags w/tubes and lug nuts for under 1k. I will be getting the 17x4.5's for the front later in life.

I went with the 15x8 so I would not have to use a swaybar relocation kit. As I dont not want to cut anything on the car and those kits require cutting.

Cannot wait to get them and hit the track!!!

Justin said:
Special thanks to the woman that hit my beater car. Got a 1805 dollar check to get it fixed...I can fix it with no money.

Anyways because of that I ordered 15x8 Darkstar wheels, 28x9x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags w/tubes and lug nuts for under 1k. I will be getting the 17x4.5's for the front later in life.

I went with the 15x8 so I would not have to use a swaybar relocation kit. As I dont not want to cut anything on the car and those kits require cutting.

Pics or it never happened ;D

Justin

LindsayEOD said:
Justin said:

Pics or it never happened ;D
I will once I get them

Justin

CaliMR said:
Is this the same one that stopped running when you went through a puddle? That car has had some bad luck.
it is lol. it was hit first before the lake I drove through lol. I paid 500 for the car put about 2k in it I got my use out of it lol

Sounds like money well spent. My truck gets hit about once every two weeks when I am at work, I can't figure out why. It is always the same place, at one point I thought maybe I was hitting stuff and not noticing but I parked it with my GF and came back and there was a new one so one of us should have noticed if I did it.

MA
Nice on the wheels and tires. Too bad you aren't doing the skinnies too though, that is worth at least a tenth or two. At least it always has been in my experience.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Think you can crack 11's adding these on top of the new DSS shaft?

Justin

SVT1 said:
Nice on the wheels and tires. Too bad you aren't doing the skinnies too though, that is worth at least a tenth or two. At least it always has been in my experience.
skinnes are in the future I will get those maybe come bonus time in oct

ace72ace said:
Think you can crack 11's adding these on top of the new DSS shaft?
I think 11's for sure. I will hitting the track with
DSS Driveshaft
BBR LCA's
Magnaflow cat back
and hopefully Steeda CAI and tune

My friends GT's are running 11.70's with about the same mods on there GT's so I hope to best them :)

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Didn't know if you were gonna hit the track with the tune, that should be good for .2 - .3 for sure. Be interesting to see which launch control RPM will work best with your new list of mods.

MA
Just curious,

Why did you decide to go with a 9" slick? That's pretty narrow. Rolling resistance concern?

You still running stock 3.73's?

Justin

SVT1 said:
Just curious,

Why did you decide to go with a 9" slick? That's pretty narrow. Rolling resistance concern?

You still running stock 3.73's?
well according to the guy to go wider I would have had to run a 15x10 wheels then I would have to cut on the car for a sway bar relocation kit. so I went that route as I dont want to cut on the car at all.

MA
I ran that size once on a Hoosier DOT slick and it was not enough tire. Car was a 489rwhp (at the time) '99 GT, but it did not transfer weight well.

Who knows it might be fine in your case with the NA, heavy Boss.

A full slick will wrinkle a lot more than any DOT slick.

Justin

SVT1 said:
I ran that size once on a Hoosier DOT slick and it was not enough tire. Car was a 489rwhp (at the time) '99 GT, but it did not transfer weight well.

Who knows it might be fine in your case with the NA, heavy Boss.

A full slick will wrinkle a lot more than any DOT slick.
I'll find out soon enough. Ran a 1.8 60' with 28x11.5 17 ET street hope it bests that or equals it

MA
Will you have a tune for your return trip to the track, or running with stock tune? Just curious to compare back to back times with the slicks vs. the drag radials. I do realize you have the driveshaft this time though, but should be a good comparison nonetheless (minus worse DA now).

Justin

SVT1 said:
Will you have a tune for your return trip to the track, or running with stock tune? Just curious to compare back to back times with the slicks vs. the drag radials. I do realize you have the driveshaft this time though, but should be a good comparison nonetheless (minus worse DA now).
I wasnt running a radial last time the ET Street I am talking about is the one with lines cut in it
http://www.brenspeed.com/3743.html
I may go before I get the CAI and tune. Just depends on how soon I get the money for that. cant run the stock tune with the steeda CAI. wish I could.

Justin

they arrived today....the didnt mount the tires with the tubes just sent me the tubes in a separate box and mounted the tires without them.....thanks american muscle for nothing. they look bad ace though
552317_448192138546696_373173562_n.jpg

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
Nice. Looks like you could head to the sand dunes with those too. :D
lol unlike you left and right guys you need the side wall on a slick. the tread...well there is no tread so the sand wouldnt be its ideal traction surface lol

TMO Supporting Vendors