The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Small dent in my new Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, just finished doing a complete detail on the car and guess what I found. There is a very small crease dent in my passenger door. No paint damage. I can only guess this happened before I took delivery because my car has been miles from any other vehicles. You can't see it in the sunlight because the natural door crease sends a shadow over it, this is why I did not see it at delivery.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow, but I'm over 2 hours from the dealer I bought the car from. Hopefully dentless repair will fix this.

461.jpg

458a.jpg

That sucks. My daughter tried to do me a favor and dislodge a bug from my fender, bug was gone but it took me about 15-20min to buff the scratch out. Still, it better then a dent, at least below the edge and not on it, but I'm sure you would have seen that at the dealers.

racered302 said:
That sucks. My daughter tried to do me a favor and dislodge a bug from my fender, bug was gone but it took me about 15-20min to buff the scratch out. Still, it better then a dent, at least below the edge and not on it, but I'm sure you would have seen that at the dealers.
[/quote

The dent is not visible with the car out in the sunlight, or a covered area. It's there, if you know it's there you can find it, but if I didn't tell you it had a dent, you would probably never find it. I only found it after I applied my final paste wax and was checking out the shine off the paint.

::)

That sucks. You should be ok though. On the crease would not be repairable w/ the paintless method. I worry about the same thing. Just bought my Boss in NC, having it shipped to NY next week. Don't want any surprises. By the way, can anyone recommend any reputable transporters at a reasonable price?

GA
blazer1 said:
That sucks. You should be ok though. On the crease would not be repairable w/ the paintless method. I worry about the same thing. Just bought my Boss in NC, having it shipped to NY next week. Don't want any surprises. By the way, can anyone recommend any reputable transporters at a reasonable price?

I'm going to pass through NC on my way up to NY later this week. I'll drive it up to you if you pay for gas. ::) ;)

GA
AZBoss302 said:
Ok, just finished doing a complete detail on the car and guess what I found. There is a very small crease dent in my passenger door. No paint damage. I can only guess this happened before I took delivery because my car has been miles from any other vehicles. You can't see it in the sunlight because the natural door crease sends a shadow over it, this is why I did not see it at delivery.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow, but I'm over 2 hours from the dealer I bought the car from. Hopefully dentless repair will fix this.

Sorry to hear that. When you get a new car it should be perfect, so definitely bring it to the dealer. The first ding or chip is always the hardest, but eventually you just have to look at it like it won't be the last and live with them, otherwise you will just keep throwing money at it.

Still waiting on dealer response.

Got a local estimate from a shop down the street(155.00). They said the door will have to come off to reach the dent, but it should come out no issues using the paint less dent removal method. They said they can also bill the dealer. This will be my proposal to the dealership, this way I'll save over 5 hours of driving + gas. ;D

Yes, I agree, the first chip or dent always hurts......however none of my cars have ever been dented, and I know this was there before I took possession.
;D

Last Tuesday I had a piece concrete about the size of my fist bounce off the hood of my Bimmer on my way home from work, and all I could think of after I stop cussing was " I am so glad I didn't drive the Boss today ".I keep my Bimmer looking nice, but its an 06 so I'm considering myself lucky if there is a bright side. Drove the Boss the day before and won't ever drive it to work again.Now I have to fix a small dent and 5- 6 chips. Baltimore beltway sucks!

Boss is going to get repaired today. The door will have to come off to reach the small ding, but they said it should come out with the paintless dent repair process.

Dealer called me back and said they will pay for the repair ;D

I'll update later.

Boss is as good as new ;D Shop did an outstanding job, dent is completely gone and the door did not have to be removed.(Paintless dent repair ;D).

Very happy right now!

TMO Supporting Vendors