The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Smallest antenna?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a gift card for Amazon and nothing to buy so I ordered this antenna, it looks like it is the smallest one available for the Boss. Personally, I never listen to over the air radio and in this car rarely even listen to CDs, but I could not find a complete delete for the antenna. Anyone seen anything smaller? I'll report back with reception results in a week when it shows up but if it mates up well and is as short as it looks I don't care about reception.

http://www.amazon.com/Stubby-Antenna-Ford-Mustang-2011-2013/dp/B00846GBYQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1350433373&sr=8-5&keywords=mustang+antenna

31%2BxUEnLg9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The other thought I had was mounting a GPS antenna there, the smallest wart type not the shark fin, but I don't think I am going to install a GPS radio so that would be pointless for me.

Antenna installed. It is not rubber, it is textured aluminum (I am assuming). I tried turning on the radio in the garage and it seemed to have ok reception, I use a stubby on all my cars so I am used to crappy reception but it seemed to work about as well as the rest do. A little static if you turn the stereo up high, but it does that with my CDs too :-\ Honestly, I may end up buying a 2nd OEM antenna and just cutting off the whip part and plasti-dipping the cut off tip. I do like the look on this better, but I'm not sure I want a rigid one.

IMG-20121022-00750.jpg
IMG-20121022-00751.jpg
IMG-20121022-00752.jpg
IMG-20121022-00753.jpg
IMG-20121022-00754.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors