The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sneak Peak at Girodisc GT350 rear rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love Girodisc ( American Made , American Steel ) as I seldom have long term delays one can get with rotors made overseas. Super high quality steel is so critical for long life and high temperature ranges and I know I love the ones I have on my Boss S , as well as the Girodiscs I had on my ACR in years past. They are not cheap, but they are usually under the other big names and we know where the product is built and sourced, When I was at Woodhouse Dodge we were using a lot of them on Vipers --- super quality and less than the Manufacturer or Stoptech.

Yep , I like those guys, ha.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, I understand, I was just making the comment for those who have not purchased them in the past. I prefer them over Brembo, Stoptech and others, and the guys were so easy for us at Woodhouse Motorsports to work with. I have had a set on most of my track cars and they do last a long time but my main focus is they stay cooler too. I have often found their rotors with a good set of race pads enable me to brake super late and I have a tendency to do that anyway. They do give me and I know others who use their rotors , a lot of confidence. Not going to bad mouth anyone, but some Companies used to use only American Steel , but have switched or are inconsistent. I like the fact Girodisc uses just American raw materials and I know they were not affected much by the recent couple of years of Embargoes and Tariffs --except they were even busier, ha! I can't count the number of track rats who I have suggested just spend the bucks on their two piece rotors and great pads ( like G-Locs for instance ) and skip the full giant brake package systems. For many drivers that was all they needed for better stopping power , confidence, less unsprung weight and better cooling.

PS - both KNS Brakes and Optimum Performance , site Sponsors , carry Giro-Disc!

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Looking forward to your feedback and a price for these. I've got to swap my front rotors and been debating going with Girodiscs for a while, but I didn't like the fact that the front and rears would look different to one another with Girodiscs in front and OEM rears

Bay Area
Looking forward to your feedback and a price for these. I've got to swap my front rotors and been debating going with Girodiscs for a while, but I didn't like the fact that the front and rears would look different to one another with Girodiscs in front and OEM rears

Yeah I understand the mismatched set up but you look past it after a few days. I do recommend the fronts since they last 2-4 times longer than OEM. I run these on the track and run OEM on the street and the giro disc has more material than the OEM rotor do after over a year.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Mexico City
I found them in both OPMustang and KNS brakes, thanks!
Any reason why Girodisc official website does not have them listed?

Just wondering how OP or KNS have them on sale and the official page does not

Last edited:
Bay Area
I found them in both OPMustang and KNS brakes, thanks!
Any reason why Girodisc official website does not have them listed?

Just wondering how OP or KNS have them on sale and the official page do not

I think they just wanted to get them out to the vendors. When I was trying to organize a group buy with them they said they can't undercut the vendors and screw them out of making a few bucks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel