The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So I Bought a C8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Only a few people knew about this, but I put a deposit down on a C8 in June of last year, and the car just got built-to-spec at the end of March this year. Mid-April, a friend and I flew to NJ to take delivery with 3 miles on the odometer and drive it 2766 miles home over the course of a week. Really loving this car (new DD, occasional track use where the Mustang will not pass db limits), and the Mustang will still be used to beat up on people and curbs in W2W racing.

The car is a 2022 2LT Trim w/ Z51 performance package, mag-ride/PTM/PDR, and upgraded seats. Giddy up!

1654642677129.png

1654642724565.png
1654642771088.png

1654642805312.png
1654642857492.png
1654642898276.png

In the V6L
One of my neighbors has been telling me for two years now that he had one on order. Actually, he bumped the order to two last year because he wanted a convertible too. I saw him coming down the lane near our house this afternoon driving a new C8 the same color as yours - beautiful! Then he stopped and backed it carefully into his garage. No convertible yet, though...

Be very careful with those cars, I saw one totaled in a very minor accident after the chassis had cracked near the rear crush apparatus, Our Aston Martins had an inner tub, and front and rear subframes that would bolt on and were replaceable, the Audis and the Vettes do not have that feature and if you tear that aluminum frame GM execs crap their pants up in Bowling Green.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Great car. My track buddy has a z51 sn 488. That thing can hang with most of the Porsches on track. We were at VIR this weekend. That thing rocks.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
So you realize you've joined the ranks of the geriatric set whose greatest thrill in life with their cars is a Sunday afternoon show 'n shine and winning a trophy for best wax job? :)

I hang with 'vette owners, my GF is president of the local club, and I'm actually a member of the club! At 71 years I am one of the young 'uns in the club. Seriously. And I am the only one who goes anywhere near a track. I suffer their elevated feelings of superiority by telling them I'm always willing to take them on at the track with the 'stang. Which nets silence for an answer.....

All kidding aside, they're a good bunch of folks.

But 'grats on the car, I'm trying to talk my better half into selling her C6 and moving on up to a C8, as would befit the president of the club and all. She's mulling it over, but the C6 has emotional appeal to her family so I'm betting it likely won't happen. The only thing that scares me about the C8 is the passenger seat, it is a horribly badly conceived place for the passenger to squeeze into and worst of all, I'll likely be over there! :eek:

I would truly like to get a couple of laps in one out at Mosport....there's 2 or 3 C8s that lap with the group I run with but they're in a lower class than I run in so I never see them on track. They know how I drive the 'stang and they'd never let me do that in their cars......might spoil the wax job.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Giddy up! Have to think you might have been thinking of another prancing horse as one has to love the traditional " Ferrari Red " with tan interior! Good choice on a custom order and you took some great photos, especially the one in front of the old cafe --- really cool perspective!

So you realize you've joined the ranks of the geriatric set whose greatest thrill in life with their cars is a Sunday afternoon show 'n shine and winning a trophy for best wax job? :)

I hang with 'vette owners, my GF is president of the local club, and I'm actually a member of the club! At 71 years I am one of the young 'uns in the club. Seriously. And I am the only one who goes anywhere near a track. I suffer their elevated feelings of superiority by telling them I'm always willing to take them on at the track with the 'stang. Which nets silence for an answer.....

But 'grats on the car, I'm trying to talk my better half into selling her C6 and moving on up to a C8, as would befit the president of the club and all. She's mulling it over, but the C6 has emotional appeal to her family so I'm betting it likely won't happen. The only thing that scares me about the C8 is the passenger seat, it is a horribly badly conceived place for the passenger to squeeze into and worst of all, I'll likely be over there! :eek:

I would truly like to get a couple of laps in one out at Mosport....there's 2 or 3 C8s that lap with the group I run with but they're in a lower class than I run in so I never see them on track. They know how I drive the 'stang and they'd never let me me do that in their cars......might spoil the wax job.
There are mustang clubs like that as well, it's all about the shiny stuff.
Those corvettes are awesome cars, and like most American Iron, offer great performance for the price.
I'm glad a car guy bought it that will actually use it. There are way to many $100K cars and $20 dollar drivers out there.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Giddy up! Have to think you might have been thinking of another prancing horse as one has to love the traditional " Ferrari Red " with tan interior! Good choice on a custom order and you took some great photos, especially the one in front of the old cafe --- really cool perspective!
Yes, the Ferrari-Vette comparisons have been many...I don't think that's a bad thing :)
One of my neighbors has been telling me for two years now that he had one on order. Actually, he bumped the order to two last year because he wanted a convertible too. I saw him coming down the lane near our house this afternoon driving a new C8 the same color as yours - beautiful! Then he stopped and backed it carefully into his garage. No convertible yet, though...
I hope he drives it! These things are too good to be babied...and they're going to make a zillion of em anyways.
Be very careful with those cars, I saw one totaled in a very minor accident after the chassis had cracked near the rear crush apparatus, Our Aston Martins had an inner tub, and front and rear subframes that would bolt on and were replaceable, the Audis and the Vettes do not have that feature and if you tear that aluminum frame GM execs crap their pants up in Bowling Green.
That's what the insurance is for :)
Great car. My track buddy has a z51 sn 488. That thing can hang with most of the Porsches on track. We were at VIR this weekend. That thing rocks.
Looking forward to getting mine out there later this year...waiting on APEX for fresh street wheels and track wheels :) Also for it to not be 100000* outside here.
Arizona, Best of luck with your new ride! I'm sure you're lovin it!......That's one heck of a DD!!!!.........I'm willing to bet the Boss may be a tad jealous..................................:rolleyes:
I'm not sure it's faster than the BOSS on-track right now, but the BOSS has the best hardware and tires. That being said, stock for stock, the Vette was twice the price, but it's definitely twice the car. What a difference a decade makes.
Hey, what's that 'Murcan car doing with an engine in the trunk? ;)

Nice looking car and some great pics of it. Was Sierra Nevada part of a brewery-themed road trip?
I could have had the car delivered to a local dealer; while that would have been cheaper, it wouldn't be much fun.
This wasn't intentionally a brewery-themed trip, but I laid out the waypoints so we weren't doing a Cannonball Run; it was intended (and it was) a vacation. We drove south from Atlantic City down to Cape May, and took the ferry (my first!) over to Delaware. From there we saw a target of opportunity right on our path (Dogfish Head Brewery) so we stopped there, then had lunch in Dewey Beach. That first night we made it to our hotel in Virginia Beach (right on the shore).

The next day we set out for a KOA cabin outside of Asheville, NC. Had a very nice drive through VA out that way. We watched F1 from Imola in the morning over coffee and Red Bulls before hitting the road again :)

Leaving Asheville, we saw a "Sierra Nevada Taproom" so we decided to stop, but had no idea it was a mega-installation like a winery...super impressive. I was only aware of their original base in California. A very pleasant surprise.

From there, we shot off to Nashville, and spent the night there, but arrived early enough to get some killer BBQ and do a pub-crawl down to a local venue before we saw rockers Local H.
After that we hit the road a little hung over to run out to OKC, stopped at Waffle House for breakfast, then settled in for a generally unveventful drive despite a torrential downpour for a couple hours leaving Nashville.

After OKC we stopped overnight at my parents' place in Santa Fe, then shot down through Eastern AZ back down to Phoenix. :)
It was a great way to see parts of the country that I've never seen before :)
Nice ride! I remember the 2020 needing 2 additional quarts of transmission fluid for track use. Is it the same with the 2022?
Yep--needs an additional 2 quarts for the track. I've got about 4200 miles on it now so I'll have them change the trans filter when they add that.

I would truly like to get a couple of laps in one out at Mosport....there's 2 or 3 C8s that lap with the group I run with but they're in a lower class than I run in so I never see them on track. They know how I drive the 'stang and they'd never let me me do that in their cars......might spoil the wax job.
Hahaha...yes but I am lowering the average ownership age :) I've been a member of the Arizona Corvette Racers club for a few years (mostly so I can lord over them with my Mustang times), but it's a good crowd. My plate is "NOJORTS". :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel