The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So I hear this Rod Knock..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepinocala said:
Well after reading this I decided to check my oil and now having 2600 miles it was one quart low no big deal but I do not drive the H out of my car until atleast one oil change knowing in the past every time you break something in the right way it will work the right way. Yeah I hear this about being a race car thats fine and if you are tracking it then you are completely understood as to the normal track things that tear up from running a engine hard as for your problem to the low oil I would not worry about it if it lets loose you get a new engine and all is happy. I have raced all my life and know if its a race car on the track its gonna break down rule of thumb I have seen many race engines on the streets that go for ever it seems but you put them on the track you better know it is only time.

My car has never been on the track nor have I run my car hard. In fact it gets driven maybe twice a week. I don't subscribe to your theory either that if the engine blows don't worry cause it will fixed / new engine. I am sure it will not be quick waiting for the decision to replace / rebuild the engine and then waiting for the car to actually be repaired....meanwhile your paying for the car you can't drive. i wouldn't be happy.....

I bought the car in PA with 650 miles on it. Checked the oil and drove it to DC and then Florida. I checked the oil at a couple fill ups and added a quart and 1/2 on the way home. Changed it at 3K and it was a 1 quart or so low. Got to keep an eye on it. My guess is the lubrication properties of the synthetic delays the ring seating process.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel