The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So on the 302S hood bandwagon, what color combination to paint it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
captdistraction said:
decisions decisions. I'm definitely getting the grille surround painted, but if I don't like it I'll be able to easily wrap it or plastidip it back to black.

The roof and hood are a bit more difficult to decide on. Definitely getting the spoiler done.

I decided to get rid of the body color mirror caps. Too much yellow. It ties in nicely with the spoiler. I plan on doing something with the hood but not quite sure yet. I want to leave the roof yellow since I like the fact that the car does not get as hot as my dark green Bullitt did in the summer.

2012YB_caps.jpg

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Yeah, I'm thinking that more and more after playing with it.

I love the black roof on your car, but maybe with the hood it would look best remaining yellow blaze (especially if I spend some time giving the paint some real care soon)

I think the spoiler to black is a must though, looks way better in the mockup than I had expected. Will hold me over until I can figure out how to effectively move the rear camera.

I am leaning toward a blacked out hood and getting a second trunk lid so I can black it out on top. All once I finally pull the trigger on the hood. Going to go with the RTR spoiler too, I think. That is if I go with gloss, if I go matte then I'll just wrap the roof and trunk and have the hood painted matte to match. Also thinking about getting the black mirror caps.

TMO Supporting Vendors