The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So the tire inflator kit works...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Ran over some idiot's stuff (???) in the road tonight while changing lanes at 80mph :mad:

Now on my 3rd flat tire; first one was passenger rear the day I got the car, second was an NT01 on the passenger front that picked up a screw on track somehow, and now this one, the driver's rear.

Ugh.

At least it looks like this one will be able to be patched, as I can clearly identify the leak.

Going to Discount Tire first thing tomorrow AM to get it patched ::) ::) ::)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It can do either one. As of now I have just been airing up the tire and parking with the puncture facing down. There was other damage I didn't see w/ the wheel on the car, the whole tire will have to be replaced to the tune of $525 installed.

I hope my Ford tire warranty will cover this one; they covered the first one that got punctured.

Bummer. Good luck with the tire.

ArizonaGT said:
It can do either one. As of now I have just been airing up the tire and parking with the puncture facing down. There was other damage I didn't see w/ the wheel on the car, the whole tire will have to be replaced to the tune of $525 installed.

I hope my Ford tire warranty will cover this one; they covered the first one that got punctured.

Didn't know Ford had a tire warranty. Can you give more details on this? Thanks.

That is cool they covered one, my bro had a tire explode one the way back from buying a motorcycle (it split at the seam in the belt) and both the manufacturer of the bike and the tire refused to cover it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
CaliMR said:
That is cool they covered one, my bro had a tire explode one the way back from buying a motorcycle (it split at the seam in the belt) and both the manufacturer of the bike and the tire refused to cover it.

One? shiznit, this is the second one the tire warranty has picked up. So far it's saved me about $700 as the rears are $525 each installed!

Even better. I probably should have got the tire warranty, on my old car I got a screw in the sidewall the day before its first track day. Ended up having to get 4 tires because nobody had the right one in stock to install that day.

TMO Supporting Vendors