The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So the wife said something disturbing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just pulled into the garage and walked into the house...wife says "your Boss doesn't sound as good as your Shelby did, I miss how good it sounded"...made me a little sad.

I have Borla Ataks as I was told they are some of the best sounding and loudest with no discs. I like how they sound at WOT but at idle and low RPMs they sound better than stock but a little tame.

My '08 Shelby was stock with the KR Mufflers. She sounded amazing at idle and WOT and everything in between. Tons of compliments on how she sounded.

I get tons of compliments on the Boss on how she looks but never on how she sounds. Is there that much of a difference between the two setups and motors? Or is it just the muffler? I wish the KRs would work on a 2013.

I don't want to waste tons of monies buying exhausts, but I do miss the rumbly burbly exhaust note. Not sure if Roush or GT500 Quads will do the trick.

Thoughts?

Ive put BBK varitunes on my Boss and on the GT I've put the Magnaflow competition axle back quads

They sound wicked

have a listen to this video i made last week

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e03O9EjNQk[/youtube]

GB218

TMO Addict
I've got a friend with a 2012 Boss running Corsa axle backs and no side disks. My 13 has the stock mufflers and 7/8" side disks. Side by side at idle you don't notice any real difference between the cars. But when he gets on it, his roars.

I've thought about putting on a set of MRT Intercepters. Haven't heard them in person, only on video. Nice old school sound.

Track key
Roush axel backs
Home-made short side pipes.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7816.msg115252#msg115252

Darth Boss said:
I just pulled into the garage and walked into the house...wife says "your Boss doesn't sound as good as your Shelby did, I miss how good it sounded"...made me a little sad.

I have Borla Ataks as I was told they are some of the best sounding and loudest with no discs. I like how they sound at WOT but at idle and low RPMs they sound better than stock but a little tame.

My '08 Shelby was stock with the KR Mufflers. She sounded amazing at idle and WOT and everything in between. Tons of compliments on how she sounded.

I get tons of compliments on the Boss on how she looks but never on how she sounds. Is there that much of a difference between the two setups and motors? Or is it just the muffler? I wish the KRs would work on a 2013.

I don't want to waste tons of monies buying exhausts, but I do miss the rumbly burbly exhaust note. Not sure if Roush or GT500 Quads will do the trick.

Thoughts?

All i'm 'm going to say is Jegs SS cat deletes. keep your axel backs and put that money into your tuner to turn off the rear 02 sensor and you will get the sound you wanted and get about 20HP free. :eek: ??? ::) :) ;D 8)

big red one said:
Ive put BBK varitunes on my Boss and on the GT I've put the Magnaflow competition axle back quads

They sound wicked

have a listen to this video i made last week

Does sound wicked. Again the issue is not at WOT. It's at idle or just cruising, the car sounds timid relatively speaking of course ;)

Do you still have resonators on the car?

If so, removing them may give you that little extra grumble your looking for without crossing over the line of liveable and obnoxious.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Jason said:
I have a similar setup as the guy with the dumps, and when lopey idle kicks in, the lady at the drive through cant hear me yelling my order at her. I have to turn off the car.

Sounds like you have it just right then!

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Stock exhaust except no discs and Kooks side pipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6VDYBl5hawc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RyLsrCFI1TM

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel