The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So, this happened tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
+2 over, wow. Would it be worth fighting? From out of state, I bet not. Glad I haven't run into that locally. The other night I got pulled over for no front plate, and oh, by the way, doing 49 in a 35. Verbal warning only - man I cherish my clean driving record, and was thankful that officer kept it that way.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Yet another reason why I hung my front plate using the offset bracket. Sometimes, here is CA, you get pulled over just for that obvious breach. I had an officer pull me over doing 56 on the freeway (Back when it was 55 everywhere) because I had no front plate. His comment was, "I ticket for 56 and you have no front plate" but I am sure that no front plate, a young guy in a bright green 280Z and the perm that I had back in those days just screamed something obvious going on. Of course, my speedo said 55 so I went ahead and drove by him!!!

I am not so questioning of authority these days since I became a father and a manager though I probably drive a whole lot better than those days!!!

John

Here in Quebec it is not unsusual to see 15 to 20 km/hre tolerance (9-10 mph) that's in a 100km/hre zone. Obviously it all depends on the weather and flow of cars. I personally think that speed is not the only issue, following to close, talking texting on your phone while driving, not using you vision correctly , basicaly not paying attention while your driving will bring you trouble...just my 2c

FrenchBoss said:
Here in Quebec it is not unsusual to see 15 to 20 km/hre tolerance (9-10 mph) that's in a 100km/hre zone. Obviously it all depends on the weather and flow of cars. I personally think that speed is not the only issue, following to close, talking texting on your phone while driving, not using you vision correctly , basicaly not paying attention while your driving will bring you trouble...just my 2c

The key factor being "Here in Quebec"

Around here it's Freedom & Unity...NOT Live Free or Die..

Bienvenue NOT License, Registration, Passport, Purpose of Visit, Search, Destroy and sew on and sew forth.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
VTBoss302 said:
The key factor being "Here in Quebec"

Around here it's Freedom & Unity...NOT Live Free or Die..

Bienvenue NOT License, Registration, Passport, Purpose of Visit, Search, Destroy and sew on and sew forth.

Sounds like you have met the same border guards at the Canadian border that I have!!! Real Sweethearts!!

I've met more professional officials in Turkey when traveling from Sudan to Chicago. Now there is another story.

VTBoss302 said:
I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I was pulled over and ticketed by one of VA's finest on my way home from VIR

Was doing 67 in a 65, I s**t you not

Very frustrating, to say the least

Having said that, I still hold most that serve in high regard

I've heard that about the Troopers in the Southern part of the State, they can be petty. My son says that due to speedometer error, he (and most Troopers) will only write tickets 7mph over the posted limit on the Interstate. But if you are driving a BOSS, I know two Troopers that won't harass you................................they prefer Japanese "food", I trained them well!

cbj5259 said:
It depends on the state. Here in PA we cannot write unless you are at least 10mph over, unless it is a 55 zone and then its 6 mph over.

Yep, I notice, I've gone through many Radar traps on I-81 and I-84 cruising 7mph over and only solicited yawns from the Troopers in PA.

GA
cbj5259 said:
It depends on the state. Here in PA we cannot write unless you are at least 10mph over, unless it is a 55 zone and then its 6 mph over.

That is probably a good rule of thumb for driving through any state. In a lower speed limit like 45 or below you should keep it right at the limit because they are often speed traps.

PA has some pretty lax speed laws. The troopers are only allowed to use stationary radar, no moving and no lidar in PA. The only way Police can get you while moving in PA is to speedo or VASCAR pace the vehicle. Municipal Police do not even use Radar...only Vascar or ENRADD. Most of you who aren't from PA probably don't even know what those devices are...lol.

cbj5259 said:
That's what I told my wife when she went back to Ohio a few months ago of course that didn't help her when she got pulled over going 90 mph LOL !! ;D

If this happened near I-95 in the city of Emporia, if you try to fight it in court you will lose. They have been doing it for decades and it's how the city makes money.

I 'know a guy' who used to get tickets pretty often in the not so common internet days. As a military guy he was always out of state, so as soon as he got a ticket, he would pull off at the next exit, find a phone book, rip out the local lawyer page and continue on. As soon as he returned home, hit the phone. Often it was a small county and the lawyer would of course know the judge and how the 'system' worked. Pay the money and avoid the ticket and points. I mean, I just heard this somewhere along the way....no actual knowledge, ya know.
North Carolina Bar Association still sends Christmas cards thanking me for putting their kids through college....!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
VTBoss302 said:
I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I was pulled over and ticketed by one of VA's finest on my way home from VIR

Was doing 67 in a 65, I s**t you not

Very frustrating, to say the least

Having said that, I still hold most that serve in high regard

Might have been the sideways mufflers :-\

TMO Supporting Vendors