The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So, this happened tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
This past Wednesday afternoon just cruising thru a tiny Texas town that is, shall we say noted for it's "speed enforcement". Not speeding, cruiser goes by the opposite direction, just about to the city limit sign and he pulls in behind me and lights me up. Officer Barney:"good afternoon, I made contact with you today because I noticed you don't have a front license plate (required in Texas). Told him yeah I don't want to drill holes in my bumper but I'm going to get a bracket. Took my info, ran me thru the system (my record is clean), came back and gave me a warning. Second time I've walked for this so maybe it's time to put it on, ya think? Would he have stopped me if I was driving a Kia?

Fomoco302 said:
This past Wednesday afternoon just cruising thru a tiny Texas town that is, shall we say noted for it's "speed enforcement". Not speeding, cruiser goes by the opposite direction, just about to the city limit sign and he pulls in behind me and lights me up. Officer Barney:"good afternoon, I made contact with you today because I noticed you don't have a front license plate (required in Texas). Told him yeah I don't want to drill holes in my bumper but I'm going to get a bracket. Took my info, ran me thru the system (my record is clean), came back and gave me a warning. Second time I've walked for this so maybe it's time to put it on, ya think? Would he have stopped me if I was driving a Kia?

The real question is would you really care if you had to drill holes into the bumper on your Kia?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Just get the bracket and be done with it. I struggled with this for a few months and decided the less I stand out, the less I stand a chance of getting popped when I am going a little too fast (which is known to happen by complete accident).

I used the bracket that mounts to the lower grille and put some rubber bumpers behind it to keep it from scraping the cover. Works great, less filling!!!

John

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/858814-2013-gt-boss-302-no-drill-front-license-plate-bracket.html

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel