The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So, this happened tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heading home from a car show thing, cop car pulls up behind me at a light. At the next light, they pull up next to me.

Cop: Nice car.
Me: Thanks! How do you like the new Caprice?
Cop: Love 'em, they're fast, they've got the 6.0 in them......*looks at red light in front of us* Don't get any ideas though!
Me: Hey, I'm not an idiot!

Light turns red, we take off like normal. Stop at the next light, next to the cops.

Cop: So, is that thing fast?
Me: Yeah....but it's the weirdest thing, it'll only go the speed limit!
The Wife: Well, if we were to race, it'd surely beat you!
Me: *hands up/shrug in the universal sign for eh, what're you going to do?* Sorry, it's my wife, you know...

Cops laugh and drive off, tell us to have fun.

Me to wife: I'd smoke them SO bad, I would SO love to race them.

LMAO, great story. But you know someone's going to say "pics or it didn't happen". ;D

Hopp welcome to BMO.

Of course we love Boss's, I stopped a GT500 SS a while back...had a little chat with the owner, very nice car . Since we were on the highway when he left I told him : Please merge quickly into traffic, for safety reasons you know ;) .... Just love that winding sound...

Hermit if you drive up north, look in you mirrors for a white Charger 8)

Photo005_zps127c200f.jpg

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Funny how life goes full circle! It used to be the dreaded St. Regis. Now, it's the dreaded Charger! Just when I got used to the dreaded Crown Vic...

Just kidding though. There's so much traffic here in Ca, you can't speed anymore, even at 3:00AM!

john

We just ordered a bunch of the new Ford interceptors in both the sedan and the model based on the explorer. We had a few chargers and ditched them because they were nothing but headaches.

Hermit said:
Heading home from a car show thing, cop car pulls up behind me at a light. At the next light, they pull up next to me.

Cop: Nice car.
Me: Thanks! How do you like the new Caprice?
Cop: Love 'em, they're fast, they've got the 6.0 in them......*looks at red light in front of us* Don't get any ideas though!
Me: Hey, I'm not an idiot!

Light turns red, we take off like normal. Stop at the next light, next to the cops.

Cop: So, is that thing fast?
Me: Yeah....but it's the weirdest thing, it'll only go the speed limit!
The Wife: Well, if we were to race, it'd surely beat you!
Me: *hands up/shrug in the universal sign for eh, what're you going to do?* Sorry, it's my wife, you know...

Cops laugh and drive off, tell us to have fun.

Me to wife: I'd smoke them SO bad, I would SO love to race them.

Must've been a cool cop to not give you a ticket ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Cool story! When I hooked up the nitrous on my 68 at the shop I wprked at one night, I left about 10 PM and stopped at a 7-11. My state police buddy asked what i was out late for and I told him I just got done with the NOS.........He asked did it make a difference?............told him hadn't tried it yet and he told me where to go and hed shoot the radar at me..............what a friend!!

Cops are people too, Some are cool, some are douche bags. Been pulled over a couple of times just so they could check out the car. Had a lady cop wash the Boss at a local fund raiser, she asked if it was fast, I told her nah, my 10 speed is quicker, She laughed. I lit em up when I left. She laughed again and shook her finger at me. But she was still smiling

jneary said:
Just kidding though. There's so much traffic here in Ca, you can't speed anymore, even at 3:00AM!
Funny you say that. A buddy just asked me the other day how I was liking the car, and I told him driving a Boss in so cal was like taking a football to a basketball game.

I have two sons who are VA State troopers, my oldest son took the BOSS on a mountain road and flogged it like a cruiser.....................DAMN, he is one hell of a driver! My younger son, a new trooper, got to train with the 6.0 Caprice, he wasn't impressed, he said the BOSS would humiliate it. Virginia is using the new Ford Interceptor, my youngest son (who is issued one) says it handles amazing, and handily out accelerates a Crown Vic with the AWD, NA, V-6. He mentioned the Impala V-6 cars are real turds, which can't get out of their own way.

Virginia's Interceptors:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
The Washington State Patrol used to run Mustangs as their high speed interceptors.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2255/2285849092_10d0129f85.jpg
Would be cool to see a 2013 GT as one.

In a couple of states, I am sure one of you knows which ones, the cops run a full on drag race program and campaign mustangs. they encourage people to bring their cars to the track and race the cops. From what I have heard, they have very competitive cars and are all A+ people. Helpful, knowledgeable, fun guys.

So just remember next time your on the side of the road with lights flashing in your rear view, be nice and he might be nice to you.

NewBossowner said:
Cops are people too, Some are cool, some are douche bags. Been pulled over a couple of times just so they could check out the car. Had a lady cop wash the Boss at a local fund raiser, she asked if it was fast, I told her nah, my 10 speed is quicker, She laughed. I lit em up when I left. She laughed again and shook her finger at me. But she was still smiling
I'd be pissed if I got pulled over just so they could check out my car. If I had done something against the law, I would understand, but just pulling me over to check out my car is an abuse of authority and an officer has no right to restrict a citizen's freedom at any time without cause. I have no beef with police, but please don't stop me for that. I want to go somewhere.

Doesn't bother me, rather them do that than follow me around waiting to catch me doing something wrong. Besides, if your nice about it, maybe next time your a few over the speed limit or hazing the tires, they might look the other way.

BOSS BUS said:
Virginia's Interceptors:

I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I was pulled over and ticketed by one of VA's finest on my way home from VIR

Was doing 67 in a 65, I s**t you not

Very frustrating, to say the least

Having said that, I still hold most that serve in high regard

TMO Supporting Vendors